• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldbag
    Shiny Thimble
    • May 2017

Re: Mother Lode vs Bionic Gear Bag

Found you ladies while trying to find the elusive Mother lode pattern. I've been waiting for years for the actual pattern for it. Went to Craftsy to see if it has been released yet. They keep promising, don't they?!? Tired of all the "join this, buy this, gotta buy a membership crap." I felt like a dog jumping through hoops....While there I found one that may fit the bill. It's by a different designer and it was only $5. If you have built a BGB it's a little easier. It's called, "Puppet Mother bag." The name may be a poke at the other designer.
    Also, for $20 you can get all of the patterns for everything, all sizes of bags, trash thingy, needle parking lot, tote bags, etc... About 10 patterns in all. It's called, "the complete retreat bag bundle."
    Last edited by Oldbag; February 10, 2018, 06:25 AM. Reason: To add other options...

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Here's the Puppet Mother Bag link https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/patte...her-bag/509156 $5.00

and from what I read, it fits in the Sew Loaded Bag https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/patte...ded-bag/507247 $10.00
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Oldbag
        Shiny Thimble
        • May 2017

Thank you! I'm horrible at doing the link thing...

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

That's great team work in action. If you hadn't been looking, we'd have never known at all!
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• snippet
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2012

I have been trying for months to buy the Complete bundle but it won't let me. Has anyone bought it? If so, tell me your secret!

Comment

• Judy, USMC
              Missouri Star
              • May 2013

This is the link, Carol, ... hope this works for you. Just tried and it did load the bundle into my Craftsy Cart.

Craftsy is your online resource for all creative makers, where you can find everything you need – from basic instruction to advanced techniques.
              Last edited by Judy, USMC; February 10, 2018, 04:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the link the first time - Oops.

Comment

• sherriequilts
                Binding Belle
                • May 2013

Well this is interesting. Have any of you watched the you tube video of Crafty Gemini introducing her Organizer club? She’ll teach 5(?) organizers and she shows each one in this video. One of them looks very similar to the bionic bag ... I’m sure it’s different but it’s similar.
                Life ain’t always beautiful
                But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

• cindirae
                  Binding Belle
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by sherriequilts View Post
                  Well this is interesting. Have any of you watched the you tube video of Crafty Gemini introducing her Organizer club? She’ll teach 5(?) organizers and she shows each one in this video. One of them looks very similar to the bionic bag ... I’m sure it’s different but it’s similar.
                  Just watched this - thanks for sharing. This looks interesting! It’s a total of 7 organizers - two bonus organizers are included! https://youtu.be/T097xnM79Fo
                  Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

• Annabelle013
                    Block Queen
                    • May 2013

The pattern Crafty Gemini is presenting in her Organizer of the Month Club is the All Rolled Up Tote. It is the March 15th pattern. Vanessa said it’s from a Canadian designer and it appears you can get on Craftsy but it would not include Vanessa great videos. She normally releases the patterns and videos individually after they have been released monthly to the club. So I believe that is July. I have sewed the Sew Together Bag and recently I noticed some great YouTube videos by Birdcage and Thread.

Comment

• WhirlyWhimsies
                      Shiny Thimble
                      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by snippet View Post
                      Has anyone made the Mother Lode Bag from Sew Much Nicer/Sew Like a RockStar? I'd really like to see it at the retreat, if anyone has one.

I've made a few bionic gear bags and I love them. I use mine all the time; it holds so much stuff. But I'm wondering if the Mother Lode bag would be better. Bigger is better, right? LOL

hehehe, the title looks a bit like all the spam we've been getting!
                      Yes, bigger is better and the Mother Lode can hold an astonishingly large amount of stuff...... but..... RipStitcher now has a new bag called the Bonza! Same width as the BGB but deeper, and made differently. If you like the BGB but wish for more structure, more height and more adaptability then maybe you should check out the Rockstar website for details. The workshop (not pattern) for this will soon be released and details can be seen on sewlikearockstar.com

I'm sure you will soon be seeing Mother Lodes and Bonzas cropping up at Quilting retreats everywhere.

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2012

Interesting that this thread has been resurrected. Sally Thompson/RipStitcher, with her Bionic Gear Bag, etc., was one of the designers ousted by Bluprint. Now the only way to get her patterns is through her website, https://www.sewlikearockstar.com/

Kind of shocking, considering that her BGB was voted the #1 Craftsy pattern in 2014.
                        Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                        X