Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ready for the retreat

Quote Originally Posted by pjyoder414@yahoo.com View Post
    I hope the weather doesn't get too cold I don't have any warm weather clothing.
    Pam, here is what they are predicting right now. Sep 17-23: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Sep 24-30: Scattered t-storms; warm, then cool. As it gets closer to the retreat, I post what is predicted - doesn't necessary mean that is what it will be. Missouri is a state where if you don't like the weather, just stick around for a bit because it will change. In Missouri, it could be the winter coat one day and flip-flops the next day. Those extremes of weather can cause migraines in some people.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just a few words for those on the retreat and worried about the weather. Layers and layers. You can always take things off, but not if you don't bring some. I know they have some really neat looking sweatshirts in one of the shops, so you really won't be cold long. LOL Have loads of fun and laughter.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

2014, 15 & 16 Birthday Bashes have been warm (around 80 at 3pm) and sunny, if I remember correctly. Last year it cooled of into the mid-70's during retreat days. The Retreat Center is air conditioned and I brought a light sweater only because I like being warm. I don't remember it ever raining ...

Yes, I agree, wearing layers is best advice.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest if you are a typically cool/cold natured person you pack a sweater. I think it was my first year one of the attendees was really warm and kept going over lowering the thermostat. What she didn't realize there are two thermostats and two A/C units. She was adjusting the one for the side by the main door and to quote some in attendance, you could almost hang meat in that area while the side with the huge windows was still hot to uncomfortable. LOL