• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Friday

Good morning. Up early because hubby is getting ready to go on his golfing trip.

I got all my rows appliqued, now to sew them all together. Today I am heading out with Bonnie for most of the day. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. I might be heading out for a garage sale with Lynda. Or staying at home as I will have no wheels.

So on that note, have a great weekend friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: It's Friday

Monique, I hope you have a fantastic 4 days......sounds like you're off to a great start!

We're headed off to a knife event this weekend. I usually have a great time. This time they added a soap carving "contest." Not really judging on looks, but you have to enter for a drawing for prizes. Well yesterday I tried....I really did try, to carve a fish. Wish I knew before I started that I should have rough cut the design, then let the soap dry out some to finish it. My DH thought it looked pretty good for a first try......I don't think so. But I have something for the drawing.....and DH wants me to try something else to enter for him.....mmmmm, maybe a turtle.....

Hope everyone has a wonder, safe weekend, love and hugs to all, especially for those struggling!

Comment

• Iris Girl
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2013

Morning all
      Well started off with a bang. I think my hubby has lost all his brains. I love the man dearly but good gracious if he would just use his head sometimes. First was I told him we were doing hot sandwiches from the deli, here's the menu what will you want? His reply was can you read it too me I don't know what the things are??? what the letters the words. He finally looked at the menu and chose something. Next its pouring cats and dogs when he is ready to leave. Take he umbrella I say. Good he does .... but wait he calls me from his truck in the parking space to come get the umbrella he can't fold it down while sitting in his truck for fear of scratching it... No I say I am in my nightgown not dressed and hang up. Look out the window sure enough there lays the umbrella open, upside down on the ground on the far side of my car waiting for me to go out in the pouring rain and get it in my nightgown. Phone rings its him I let it ring, phone rings again I answer tell him he's and idiot hang up, phone rings again he tries to explain he can't fold it down... He tries a Honda Ridgeline pick up no a Lamborghini with gull doors. that man sometimes...
      ok rant over.

suppose to rain all day today and into the night. working on the witch runner its coming along nicely.

Anita wow carving interesting I would probably have carved my thumb off. Hope you win.
      Would love my hubby to take and interest in things I do or go to ANY event...he is a stick in the mud home body. LOL Gotta love em.
      Have a great day all hugs for everyone.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Ginny B
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Good morning. Friday is finally here. It feels like it has both taken it's time getting here and wow, it's already Friday and I still have so much to do at work.... and at home for that matter. LOL

Busy week at work but not crazy. Lots of stuff to keep me busy at home this weekend but we hope to get some beachtime in on Sunday. We'll see what we get accomplished on Saturday. My feeling is this, we get done whatever we are able to and take the beachtime on Sunday. We need some relaxation and recuperation time.

Have a great Friday everyone.
        Ginny B
        Levittown, NY

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

Monique, have a wonderful time on your getaway!!

I had a miserable night. I got the worst cramp in my leg ever and it came back 3 times. I drink enough fluids to float a cruise ship and I take calcium-magnesium, so I don't know what the problem is. I didn't do anything unusual yesterday to provoke a cramp like this.

Today is tutorial Friday. I like it when our templates can be used for more than one pattern. I bought the rhombus template but so far it's unused.

Ginny, take that time and go to the beach and relax. We have to work in Cuba tomorrow. All of our time so far has been spent removing junk, now we are at the point we can begin our repairs.

We will get more rain today, so I want to get some sewing done in case I have to unplug.

Have a great day friends.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Lyndaj
            The Guild President
            • Dec 2015

Hello peeps. It's a very sunny day here so far.

My excitement for the day... I have to drop DH off at 90 so I have the car. I then get to take the disaster quilt (quilt I made while my MIL was dying) to the hospice where she did died to donate it. Some of you may recall the long arm quilter that botched this quilt. I will be thrilled to get rid of it and know that someone can use it.

Despite my being a die hard Bernina girl, I highly dislike how Apple is not supported. This hasn't been a problem before now, but now that I have to do firmware updates on my machines, well, it's a problem. DH downloaded the patch to a USB yesterday at work and it didn't work. UGGGHHHH...

I am having a problem with my long arm where I am being pushed off the curve/line by the machine. We have made some adjustments to the wheels on the carriage and this went a long way to fixing the problem, but it didn't fix the problem. Trying to get the firmware update installed to see if that makes any difference (personally I doubt it, but I'm really trying to save my dealer the very long drive to come and look at my machine in person).

At any rate, that's my rant for the day. Have a great day.

Comment

• JCY
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2013

Good Morning ~ I sure don't like these darker mornings as the days gradually get shorter. We had sun & 94 deg. yest.

It seems like all the to-do is related to the eclipse. It sounds like hordes of people are headed N. to Wyoming for the viewing. The special eclipse glasses have sold like hot-cakes & people in our area are having a hard time finding any. I'll relax at home & watch it on TV.

I'm going to call my family dr. today to see if I can get in. I have a sore, swollen area on the R. side in the back of my throat that is affecting my swallowing. I suspect it could be a salivary gland or something. My R. Eustachian tube feels "full" or tight, like there is swelling there, too. There was no opening to get in to see the EENT dr. till next Thurs. One time I had a swollen parotid gland. Antibiotics took care of it. I understand it's fairly common with people who have diabetes.

Another day yest. with no sewing accomplished. I had a nice lunch with the gals, then went groc. shopping. I found some nice organic beets, so my afternoon was spent cooking up those. It made 11 freezer containers. DH eats these every day for lunch.

The Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival is this week end, but I've decided not to go. It's 30 mi. away, & DH gets so anxious when I go out of town to be gone for several hrs. And I've got this throat problem bothering me. There's another quilt show (not as big an event)coming up in Sept. in town that I'll get to.

Have a great day and week end.

Comment

• KPH
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

Happy Friday everyone.

I read your posts and wonder how everyone gets everything done. We were going through boxes yesterday when the oldest called. He is broke, not financially but physically. His shoulder has been hurting for days, progressively getting worse. His wife made the ortho appt. They aren't sure if it's a hairline fracture in the shoulder or a pulled ligament. Had the MRI yesterday afternoon. He'll call on Monday to figure out if it's PT for the ligament or what for the shoulder. He's under orders- no lifting (3 little kids), no writing on the white board (first day of school Monday). I'm wondering with where it is and where the limit of motion directed by the dr. if he's even supposed to be driving. He was hurting pretty bad when he came to pick up the boys last night to take them home.

I guess we'll be back in the opening boxes mode today. I have 4 boxes stacked in my room and no where to really put anything else. I may have to shift my desk against a wall after all (yuck). Better yet, DS #2 can find a job move out and I can take the room I can have the room I really wanted for my sewing room. ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone. Hugs and prayers.
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2013

Good Morning! Busy day planned around here. We will be heading to the park a little later this morning to meet up with friends. Then I am planning on going to the nursing home to visit with a couple from church. Their health is starting to fail. She fell down and then he fell down when he tried to help her up. She is bruised up but he broke a hip. They love to see the baby so he will help cheer them up on this gloomy day as the sun is not shining this morning. I am wanting to get back into my sewing area but there has been so many other things going on that there has not been time. We canned up 28 quarts of tomato juice this week from tomatoes that we were given.

The local swimming pool's last day for people was on Sunday. So Monday we took the dog to the pool for the Paws at the Pool. It is a fundraiser for the local humane society ($5 per dog and $2 per person). There were over 104 dogs there who were in the water. Our dog loves it as she goes to the 4ft section and gets plays fetch with her toy. There was over $1,000 raised.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• peggiep
                    Applique Angel
                    • Oct 2015

Morning Everyone....the sun was shining for about 5 minutes earlier, but it is supposed to rain most of the day, with thunderstorms expected this aft. I must go to the LQS this morning to pick up some fat quarters to make up the Diva Frame Wallets that a friend ordered yesterday for Christmas presents. People are doing their shopping early, and that is a good thing because, at least it gives me some time to get them done before the real rush starts.
                    Yesterday started off nicely as I had breakfast with a friend - J. All was wonderful until, as J was walking out of the restaurant, she caught her toe on the threshhold and went down like a ton of bricks. She is a rather frail, almost 70 year old lady, and I was sure she had killed herself. Oh my goodness, the blood that gushed from her head was like a geyser! I helped her up when she felt she was ready to move, and fortunately, nothing was broken. She did have a tiny gash on her forehead but otherwise, aside from being shaken and bruised, she is fine. I left her for a minute to get some ice for her head. I was shaking so badly I could hardly form words to get the ice. Scared the dickens out of me, so I am sure she was in a worse state. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before, unless it was me doing the falling!
                    Today is the day I finally get internet service in the sewing studio! That will certainly save me some time trying to write down notes, from my laptop in the house, on how to do something and then having little bits of paper floating around the studio as I try to make things up. My question is, what in the world did we do before the internet?
                    Monique - have a wonderful trip! I wish I could go with you. It is such a lovely place to visit!
                    JCY - hope your swollen throat gets better soon
                    Lyndaj - good luck with your firmware upgrade. I know how frustrating that can be!
                    Bubby - I hope your leg cramp is nothing significant
                    Ginny - Make sure you get to the beach. Summer is short, enjoy every minute of it that you can.
                    April - I understand completely. Men can be really wierd at times!
                    Anita - Good for you trying something new. Not something I would ever attempt. I can't even cut a piece of cheese without making a mess!

Prayers and hugs to everyone. Have a wonderful weekend!

Peggiep
                    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

• Monique
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
                      Good Morning! Busy day planned around here. We will be heading to the park a little later this morning to meet up with friends. Then I am planning on going to the nursing home to visit with a couple from church. Their health is starting to fail. She fell down and then he fell down when he tried to help her up. She is bruised up but he broke a hip. They love to see the baby so he will help cheer them up on this gloomy day as the sun is not shining this morning. I am wanting to get back into my sewing area but there has been so many other things going on that there has not been time. We canned up 28 quarts of tomato juice this week from tomatoes that we were given.

The local swimming pool's last day for people was on Sunday. So Monday we took the dog to the pool for the Paws at the Pool. It is a fundraiser for the local humane society ($5 per dog and $2 per person). There were over 104 dogs there who were in the water. Our dog loves it as she goes to the 4ft section and gets plays fetch with her toy. There was over $1,000 raised.

Have a great day everyone
                      OH LORD I would die with that many dogs around (I am petrified of dogs)
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                      X