Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Hoot hoot?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoot hoot?

Are there any other night owls up? I did a little counted cross stitch on my Nativity baby Jesus's manger. The camel is done...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020704.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	145861

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hoot hoot?

Oh, the camel is really nice!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nice cross stitch camel!

I sewed with my quilting group tonight. Only I didn't sew a stitch. I had all my blocks sewn so I needed to lay them out 'in a pleasing layout.' I made 84 blocks, but only needed 63 so I had to cull the blocks and arrange. Only trouble is that I was feeling ill - really hot and sweaty and then I got a big black spot in my right eye. Seemed like the beginnings of a migraine, so I sat mostly and watch the others sew. I'm home now, and resting a bit. Now I've got the floaters and flashes that I usually get from a migraine. So I'm fixing to take my meds, crank up the A/C, and lay (lie?, I never get that right) down for the night. I can't see very well.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up. Brain came awake. Worked on my rows. Not much to report.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sent you a pm Carol! Hope things go better for you.

Glad to see what a cross stitch Nativity scene would look like ... never saw one in 3D before and my imagination was running wild. It will nice and unique when it's done, I'm sure.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judy, USMC View Post
    Sent you a pm Carol! Hope things go better for you.

Glad to see what a cross stitch Nativity scene would look like ... never saw one in 3D before and my imagination was running wild. It will nice and unique when it's done, I'm sure.

This is what a kit of it looks like. I am using a book for most of the figures, however.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/343540277798480543/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still up. Ugh.
    I have to be up in a few hours to get chores done before I have to be 2 hours away judging a goat show. The human child is heading out to a lake cabin with friends of the family while Hubby and I head the other direction for this show judging road trip. Two fairs in three days with many miles between.
    (I had to sit and put my aching feet up for a few minutes.)
    The barn is pretty much lined out for the farm sitter and Eric did get the hay unloaded from the trailer and into the barn. The last load of laundry is in. I finished packing the bag for Miss Priss. She chose her clothes and I double checked to make sure everything was in there. Her cycle arrived and she's all moody and weepy and upset because her choice of feminine plumbing products won't allow swimming. MAJOR melt down. Three hours worth. Hopefully we have a solution. We'll see later in the morning.
    I put up roughly 45 cups of peaches into the freezer to be dealt with later. Four days from now and they would have been bird and bug food. (Not really on my original agenda.)
    Now that the family is all in bed, I shall get my own stuff together and try to get a few hours of sleep before chores. I'll probably zonk out in the car too.
    Happy Hooting!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com