Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP - Week of Aug 7 to 13, 2017

It was really quiet in the thread last week. Hopefully that means that everyone is either on vacation/holidays or very busy sewing!

I, on the other hand, was very busy at work. Retirement is looking better by the month. Still about three or four years away, though. There wasn't a ton of crafting last week, and there won't be much this week either, but next week will be better since I'm on vacation (YIPPEE).

I got the bear to the 'partially stuffed' stage. I still need to do the ears/face and the collar with a bow. But should have a finish on that one soon. And I got one more Acorn ornament finishing done with another one started (#5 of 6). So very close to being finished on both of those projects! I also finished my knit charity hat for August (I try to do one a month). I need to cast on a new "portable knitting" project for taking back and forth to work. Probably a pair of boot socks.

On the quilting front. I'm hoping to use most of my vacation time to get the Scrappy Sister's Choice to the finished stage. And Lucy Boston is coming along. I decided to use the fussy cut idea for the next block since it was causing so many issues. I'm on round three of the June block and I want to show it off at Quilt Guild tomorrow, so I'd better get stitching!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP - Week of Aug 7 to 13, 2017

I got bored working on some dark colored blocks so I pulled out the Smith Mtn. Morning I had started in class in April. I had not gotten very far and I should have marked everything I had done.
    Of course i thought I would remember and also didn't realize it would be months before I got back to it.
    Well, I thought I would cut the rest of the tri recs units, I did but then read that half of them should be brown and half blue. Now I have lots and lots of brown pieces. At least I didn't sew them all, if I had they would have all stayed brown.
    One day my machine will be back from the shop and I can do some fmq for projects that are getting very backed up.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am doing a free pattern called All Stacked Up using some left over, very old, vintage Kaffe Fassett charm cuts, some leftover Kaffe Fassett jelly roll strips, and filling in the gaps with tone on tone batik jelly roll strips. So far so good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3703.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	145683

Free Spirit has a lot of wonderful free patterns this year.
    Last edited by DeniseSm; August 7th, 2017 at 01:34 PM.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, threadbndr, Star lover, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I am doing a free pattern called All Stacked Up using some left over, very old, vintage Kaffe Fassett charm cuts, some leftover Kaffe Fassett jelly roll strips, and filling in the gaps with tone on tone batik jelly roll strips. So far so good.

Name:	100_3703.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	145683

Free Spirit has a lot of wonderful free patterns this year.
    Oh I like that , I am going to look that up! Of course kaffe fabrics are my favorite!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today I'm trying to finish up a UFO top so I can count it in the UFO group at out quilt guild. I had a few more blocks to make then I decided to add another row to make it longer. So now I have assorted batik scraps to put away.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My August project is a Nativity camel cross stitch. The cross stitching is done but I am finishing the outlining back stitching. I'm on antihistamine so back stitching is just about all I have the brains to do. I've been mulling around ideas for the floating hexagon quilt's batting and backing but I'm in no shape to cut anything.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yayyyy!! I feel great - flew home on Sunday and managed to stay awake until early bedtime at 9pm Monday - can honestly say I have never felt sooo tired. But having slept for 11 hours I feel great apart from a few aches in my hips after spending so much time in bed!!!
    So my washing is 3/4 done and will be finished this morning then off to my sewing room!! Have already stroked my fabric bought at JoAnn's and tried to look for a pattern but fell asleep over my tablet last night hahaha!!!
    So will pull out the UFO's I got behind on and will set to work on those first. I don't return to work until Thursday so have a couple of days to play - a win win situation!!

9. Thanks liz72703, Claire Hallman, threadbndr thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello friends, I've been busy enjoying vacation and life with he family this summer. I haven't done a lot of sewing but have had many other joys. I did finish up some big projects and photos have been emailed to self for posting to the thread here but I probably won't get to it as we leave for Amsterdam this afternoon!! Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I've been out on vacation too, and then back to work this week so not much sewing going on. Going to try and remedy that this weekend!
    Liz

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Almost finished my All Stacked Up using K Fassett leftover fabric. I redesigned a quilt pattern called Spectrum in EQ7 which I think I will try next. Not sure what to do about the border yet, maybe no border? What do you think?

Name:	Spectrum.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	145775
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.