Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default The wait is going to kill me......

Well, another temp job down the drain.....

After four weeks of being diligent early, doing everything asked of me, fast/accurate data entry and wanting more training, I was told today the red flag for NOT offering me a full time position, was I should have never given recommendations to better the work flow in the precious corporate office. They assumed that I thought they weren't running their company correctly? All this before they really got to know how my mind works....to achieve simple efficiency and all employees on the same page.....so much for trying to take initiative.

So, now I am impatient to start packing and head to Vermont. It is very evident I CANNOT find a job here in Springfield, MO after 7 months. So, I give up and I will accept defeat.

Murray has 4 more cancer treatments (through Sept 8th) before we can move? Should I dare have high hopes that this "new adventure" in life? I am so scared to think so......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The wait is going to kill me......

Ah, look at is as an adventure and try to keep an open mind. Otherwise you sit where you are and be ticked about everything. Not that you don't have plenty of reason to be ticked, but at least hoping for the best might keep you in better spirits.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

3. Thanks SallyO'Sews, shermur, MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri, I am so sorry for your troubles...this is a hard pill to swallow! I don't know if you are better off moving, but I DO wish you only the best. I think one of the hardest things I have learned is that when things are really tough and jobs are few, I have finally had to bite the bullet and keep my head down, show up every day, do my job and just mind my Ps and Qs. Sometimes I found that as I stayed on the job and plugged along, eventually I gained the confidence of my company. I am not saying that you didn't do that, but that's been my experience. Maybe you are actually supposed to move someplace else. I believe in things working out the way they are supposed to...sometimes against our best and most positive thinking and hopes. Hang in there. I believe we should always have high hopes and keep saying our prayers and thanking God for what we have now, and believe that HE knows best for us. Stay positive, Sherri. I will say a prayer for you and for only good things to come to you. Praying for Murray's treatments to be good and that things will work out for both of you.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

5. Thanks SallyO'Sews, shermur, MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Try to shake it off and be glad for the move. Some companies will be like that and no sense in trying to fit in to their regime.

Here's to better things ahead in Vermont.

7. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you have to go through this ,but today it seems companies prefer to hire contract workers and let them go and get more contract workers because it saves them money.My son went through this but here they can keep you for 6 mos before they have to decide f they will hire you or not.
    Joan

9. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Temp jobs are hard. We use a lot of temps at the company I work for, but we are only allowed to keep them for a specific period of time. A temp job can be a good foot in the door, or it can be just that - a temporary job. I was fortunate to be hired into the position I have now from a temp job, but my husband lost his job 2 and a half years ago and is still looking. He's worked for a couple temp agencies that only hire for their busy seasons and then let people go. I'm sorry you are going thru so much all at one time. I hope whatever you decide will be the best thing for your family. Sometimes there is no right or wrong decision - just a decision that has to be made based on the best information you have at the time. Saying a prayer for you and sending a hug.

11. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri..........sounds like you could use a group hug from the forum. I'm sorry you've had so many stressful things going on lately. But like the others have said...........moving to Vermont might just be the change you and your family need. We will be praying that every thing will fall into place smoothly with the upcoming move, the job search, good health and much happiness for both of you. Big comforting hugs to you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

13. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri, I am so sorry you have to go through all of this and sending hugs, too. I will keep my fingers crossed, that Vermont is the place you will find a new job and everything finally falls in place for you. Hang in there and try to stay positive, it can only get bettter.

15. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

They obviously didn't appreciate you. Wishing you better things in Vermont.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

17. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm an optimistic fixer personality. May I suggest you make an appointment with the HR people in the company that isn't hiring you based on your aggressive recommendations. Explain that you are happy with data processing and you like the work. Explain that your personal life is in chaos and that you were reaching out for organization somewhere and that perhaps (use that word) you overstepped your position. Ask for reconsideration. You have nothing to lose and companies generally want to hire tho people who want the job not the money

19. Thanks shermur thanked for this post