• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP - Week of July 31 to Aug 6, 2017

Gosh, guys, I don't know where this last week went! I've been crazy busy at work. (There was a big annual project due last week. Done and dusted!!! Approval came in just this morning, so I can breathe again.)

There wasn't a lot of crafting this week due to all the extra time at work (and I'm on salary - sad face).

I did get the May Lucy Boston block done and shown off at Guilt last Tuesday. I have the color plans for June, July and August. I cut half the pieces for the June block and have a couple prepped. The other half is going to be fussy cut and I'm still figuring out the best way to do that. So far I've tried tracing the stitch line ala Jenny Byer. If I were going to be doing traditional hand piecing, that would work. But not so much with paper piecing. I've also tried the glue basting that was in the EPP tutorial a few month's back. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the glue isn't holding.

I'm going to get a fresh roll of freezer paper and try that next. I WILL get this sorted!

I got the bear almost ready to stuff - just need to attach one arm and the head. Then there's the face to embroider, the ears and a fancy collar/bow to make and attach.

I'm in a finishing frenzy. I also am making ornaments of some needlework - palm sized fall acorns. On #4 of 6. They will go on a bunting or wreath with silk flowers/leaves.

This week will still be work heavy, it's the first of the month. But I'm hoping to make progress on some things despite that. What's going on in your world?
  • MaryUK
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2016

Re: WiP - Week of July 31 to Aug 6, 2017

No sewing for me but lots of dreaming!!! Am on holiday in Florida and having a ball!! Even went to JoAnn's yesterday and got sooooo excited - how easily pleased am I?? Didn't spend a huge amount as I have to consider the suitcase weight going home but got a few bits and pieces so that will have to do!!
    The weather hasn't been too good for the last couple of days but hey we're from Northern England where summer = 7 dry days between June to August!!
    We move to Barefoot Beach tomorrow for a week

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

I'm recovering from the summer creeping crud that is going around. I have been too sick to quilt for days. All the curved piecing is done and five of the eight Y seams are completed. If I can just get three more well hours I could finish this.

100_3672.JPG

I am thinking of doing Kaffe Fassett All Stacked Up next. I pulled out my KF charm squares and petted them. So pretty.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• naneb
        Honey Bun
        • Jan 2017

I got my bear dump quilt back from the long arm quilter. Today I added a label and did the binding. Yay!! It is finished. I will ship it to my son's girl this week. I cannot wait to see her reaction. Beardump2.jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by naneb; August 6, 2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X