• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Tuesday hellos!!!

Good morning. Up early to take hubby to meet his golf partner. Then it's off to work this morning.

Les discovered this morning that a skunk/raccoon was digging in the yard last night. What a mess. He will set a trap tonight. We had this a few years back, raccoon epidemic everywhere. They turn the sod right over looking for grubs. Hopefully we can catch it.

Working diligently on the border. I should be done in the next day or two.

The smell of gas isn't going away very fast. The baking soda didn't help yesterday. I went out and got some Resolve carpet cleaner. So guess what I am doing on my lunch hour today. It can't make it any worse.

Oh the ants came marching two by two yesterday with all the rain. I don't see one now but the poison is still out for them to enjoy!!

We have sunshine this morning, so it will be a good day to clean the van.

On that note, have an awesome day friends. Prayers going out to all that need them.

P/S For those who don't know this, this post office is attached to a church. Last week I did go sit in the church and say a prayer for all of you who need them.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Cathy F
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Tuesday hellos!!!

Morning all,
    Not sure the weather wants to cooperate with sunshine today, will have to wait and see as the day progresses.

Yesterday was a Dr. visit and after almost two hours of waiting I got a quick "everything's good". From there headed to the quilt shop as a reward for my patience. I picked up the backing fabric that came in for one of my quilts and picked up the first two months of a block of the month I signed up for.
    Not much on the agenda today except for a quick grocery run for some zucchini. Planning on making a pasta primavera for dinner tonight but when looking through the veggies in the fridge I had all the others needed except for that.
    Maybe today my sewing room will be calling to me, lately I haven't felt like sewing with the hot weather and seem to have lost my get up and go to get it done. But if I don't get in there soon deadlines won't be met with craft fair items and Christmas gifts.
    Well, I hear the Keurig calling my name time to get caffeinated. Hugs to all who need a few extra today.
    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Iris Girl
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2013

Its cloudy and rainy so far today. Not sure if we will see any sun. Got a few more houses cut out yesterday. Couple more sewn. Work today. Hoping the girl who thinks she needs to do my job candy/soda replenishment left it alone yesterday. She never rotates the stock and won't lift the soda so only half done and not right in most instances...just makes more work for me. Not sure whatever happened to good help, we are definitely having an issue lately. A fairly new girl moved up in rank some and won't stop throwing *If I could do Iraq I can certainly do this* around its getting annoying. Here are the latest 2 houses in the collection for those interested.
      12.jpg13.jpg
      Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Star lover
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2016

Good mornin everyone....

Monique, sure hope there aren't 2 skunks/raccoons....it'll start looking like Noah's Ark! I have no ideas on how to get rid of the gas smell....maybe there's something if it's googled. Have a nice day at work.

Cathy, such a relief to hear all's well. Hope you get your sewing mojo back soon. If not now, later.

Iris, love that sail boat! So cute. Of course I love patriotic colors and stars...so it gets points for both.

Today looks like it might be nice. Yesterday it looked like rain all day, but never did. Got the a air conditioner cleaned. Whew, took lots longer than I expected. Also got all the daffy bulbs out. Never knew there could be so many. Now I gotta find something to put them in to dry out. Hoping to get in the sewing room today and finish the borders on a baby quilt.

Well, I need some caffeine too, so I'm off....
        Love and hugs for many who need them and some for those who don't....why not?

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good morning ~ Not much going on here. Yest. I cooked up a big kettle of DH's Anasazi beans. In the afternoon I started the FMQ on the Prairie flower quilt. I think I won't quilt another one this large. It's too much bulk to manhandle. It's going to take a long time to quilt. I watched another Angela Walters' video yest. She makes quilting look so easy.

The eastern sky is pink this a.m. I hope that portends some cooler weather & rain showers tomorrow. It was 103 yest. It will be in the 90's today. Hopefully, it will be in the 80's like they're predicting. I'm so ready for some cooler temps.

Comment

• RockinLou
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2014

Good morning! I'm going to a sewing store today that I've never been to, whenever DH decides to roll out of bed and join us in the world of the awake and functional!

The kids are reading books when they wake up, then playing with dolls or other toys and in the afternoons they like to swim. I'm enjoying this sweet spot of parenting right now, 6 and 8 years old and avid readers, and best friends.... such a blessing!!

I'm going through my projects and patterns here trying to decide what to make next!! I'm probably going to dive into some clothing patterns along with my quilt projects....

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone....Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the week. I can stay indoors until this afternoon when I have to go for a haircut. I plan to do a few chores around here, especially kitchen stuff. Dottie doesn't feel like moving today. These hot days really get her down even though she lives in the A/C. She hasn't even been interested in playing with her water toys because of the extreme heat.

I don't have to cook this evening since we have leftover eggplant parmesan from Sunday. I will make a chopped Italian salad and garlic bread to go with it....easey peasey.

The Daily Deal is a great one for new quilters or for a Christmas gift for a quilter.

Wishing everyone a great day.....Hugs.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Ginny B
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Hi everyone. Just a quick stop here today. We were awakened by an early morning call from dh's brother to let us know that their aunt had a heart attack during the night. We talked for a while and decided to head to work to get things organized and set up for others and then leave work around noon and head into Brooklyn. Just waiting for dh to get home now. They are going to be doing an angiogram this afternoon and hopefully all will go well . Any prayers said for Aunt Terri would be greatly appreciated. She is in her 80's and in pretty good health so I am expecting that she will come through this little episode ok.

Monique, I didn't know that the p.o. was connected to the church. That sounds so peaceful. I am sure we all appreciate those extra prayers. Thank you.

Cathy, glad you had a good report and I hope you find your mojo. I've been in the same state recently. Got to get myself moving again.... but that won't be today.

Enjoy the rest of the day all.
                Ginny B
                Levittown, NY

Comment

• Dollyquilts
                  The Guild President
                  • Jan 2014

Monique, we wash the dogs in tomato sauce when they get sprayed. If the smell is still strong, I vote for skunk. Maybe you could spray the area with tomato juice.

Comment

• Dollyquilts
                    The Guild President
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
                    Good morning! I'm going to a sewing store today that I've never been to, whenever DH decides to roll out of bed and join us in the world of the awake and functional!

The kids are reading books when they wake up, then playing with dolls or other toys and in the afternoons they like to swim. I'm enjoying this sweet spot of parenting right now, 6 and 8 years old and avid readers, and best friends.... such a blessing!!

I'm going through my projects and patterns here trying to decide what to make next!! I'm probably going to dive into some clothing patterns along with my quilt projects....
                    Rockin Lou, you are truly blessed to have your children enjoy each other's company.

Comment

Working...
                    X