Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giveaway Week 52 Jan 20th - 26th

Congratulations to Susan M! You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points thanks to your comment!

This week tell me what project got you excited about quilting and you'll be entered to win the next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!

So, to enter the game just respond below to this weeks question. Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 52 Jan 20th - 26th

Congrats Susan M!!! Have fun with those Points.

What got me excited.....well, about ten years ago a friend of mine, who was an experienced quilter, decided to make a quilt for her husband. He was a long haul trucker and needed a new blanket or quilt for his bed in the cab. She talked me into trying one so we started it out together BUT...it was done without rotary cutter, cutting mat or sewing machine. I cut all the pieces by hand with scissors and sewed the blocks together by hand and then the blocks together by hand. I still have that quilt top and it is almost done but let's just say.....I was a bit inexperienced......
    Alana
    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was so excited to finish and quilt my valentine wall quilt. I got the idea of the quilt by watching the tutorial on you tube from msqc. I had bought the fabric for it last year. I was so thrilled. I had sooooo much fun fmq on it. It came out beautiful and it was sooo easy.
    I am such a material girl!!!!! Nena

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Susan. I'm excited about getting to sew a quilt for my Grandma. She hand did the blocks about 20 or more years ago and she gave it to me just before Christmas to piece it together. My husband and I will be going hunting tomorrow for the back and then I will get to sandwich it and begin sewing. The blocks are Crinoline Lady and there are 12 of them. She has not seen the top finished.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Susan M. I stopped in a local quilt store out of curiosity and saw a pretty table runner on display. I spoke with an employee and they told me I could make one just like it with their beginning quilting class. It was done over 3 week nights (one each week so we had time to do some of the work at home) and we were taught everything from choosing fabric, cutting the fabric, sewing it, making the sandwich, machine cross-hatch quilting it and binding it. I chose fabrics that I knew would fit in well in my mom's home and was thrilled to send her my first project -- she loves it and still uses it 5 years later. I was addicted to quilting!
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Susan.

While I dabbled a little in quilting, I didn't really get serious about it until I got a 1930s quilt top that my grandmother had made and never gotten around to quilting before she died. I finished the quilt with her original plans as far as quilting pattern, using her old and frail cardboard template to mark the quilt. I thought it was pretty amazing to complete something that had been started almost thirty years before I was born.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know why but I love making baby quilts. Each new one I tackle becomes my favorite quilting project.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Wow can't wait to spend those points! I started my love of quilting when a friend brought me to her house to show me her quilting. It didn't take me long before I was totally hooked. There are countless baby and children's quilts under my belt as I just love the childrens colors and themes. My grandchildren love their first quilts and the numerous quilts that follow.
    Susan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there was any special project out there lurking for me. I didn't really enjoy sewing when I was growing up because everytime I used a sewing machine, it broke. Very frustrating. Of course, the ones at school never worked quite right. When I hit my late 20's when I started having kids, I thought that it would be kind of neat to make my own quilt instead of buying one. I finally was able to attend a class in the evenings by my home and it took off from there. Now, I love the hand work part of it - appliquing and hand quilting, love the look of the miniatures even though I haven't done much in that department, and love giving to others what I have created.

Congratulations Susan!!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got excited about a little landscape I made years ago and finally finished tonight! It's such a good feeling to finish a quilt!

Cyndi