Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday and the start of a work/quilt week

Good morning everyone. Busy busy weekend.

Met up with my brother for his birthday. To say he LOVED the whale quilt is an understatement. I will post pictures later. Yesterday we picked some cherries at my nephew's. I hope they last long enough for me to make jelly tonight. And then we went to the city to a flea market. I scored an OttLite for $5. Then we went to the racetrack for supper and racing. We didn't score there at all.

So today is the start of 2 weeks of straight work. Lots to do. I will also be finishing the hexie quilt that I thought I had finished. Then I will start making some clothes for my niece's dolls.

After those 2 weeks are up we are headed to Cooperstown for 4 days with friends.

So have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday and the start of a work/quilt week

Morning Monique & Everyone,

It's a new week and I want to fill it with as much sewing as possible. I did a little machine embroidery over the weekend.

It's going to be another hot Summer day. I have a few errands to run this morning and some dog sitting to do. Dottie had a restless night again and that wakes me up.

I have no real news this morning so I wish everyone a great start to the week.

Name:  Summer.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  4.7 KB
    Last edited by Bubby; July 17th, 2017 at 07:58 AM.

4. Thanks Carolnnc, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning peeps.

Well, my exciting news is I'm picking up my new Honda CRV this morning.

The recent baby quilt top finish, well she was delivered by her dad last Tuesday! Yes, you read that correctly. I now need to get the quilt ready for her brother. I also need to get the nerve to put her quilt on my long arm, once I decide how to quilt it.

Other than that, I managed to talk some sense into DH who was attempting to move back to the 20th century. You see, our OLD Mac desktop computer died last week. Even though DH also needed to upgrade his laptop (Macbook Pro which he uses for work), DH was attempting to convince me to replace the desktop with another desktop. I kept saying, what are you living in the 20th century? Between me and the guy at the Apple store, we convinced him to replaced his laptop and we will use his old laptop in place of the desktop (until it dies at least). This is not meant as a jab to anyone here using a desktop computer.

Have a great week peeps.
    Bernina 770QE, Bernina 1120, Bernina Nova 900, BabyLock Ovation, Bernina Q24 Long arm

6. Thanks Carolnnc, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good mornin everyone....
    Monique, so happy your brother loved his quilt! Wow, 2 straight weeks of work....thankful you get to take something with you tomplaynwithnwhilemtounwork!
    Happy for you that you're going to get lots of sewing in this week.
    Wow a new car for you Lynda! Yeah!....and a new computer.....wow, you're doing great! Have fun making that on your LA!

Well it was an exhausting Saturday....into Sunday for me. I was up Saturday at 4, we were on the rode by 6 and arrived in Evart at 9 for the Hammer Dulcimer Festival. I planned on taking all 8 hours of classes. No breaks (so many great classes, not to). Got to the last class, set up and I suddenly didn't feel good. My DH could tell, something was wrong, and he helped me pack up and I took all the stuff to the truck. He went to get me something to drink and eat....mostly to drink. I hadn't used the bathroom the entire time. He kept bringing me water, I would sip it and then get busy playing, learning, listening....soaking it all in. So I was dehydrated. We left after we ate at 5:30. Didn't stay for the 2,1/2 hour concert. We were home at 8:30. I was happy. I was soooo tired.
    I can't wait to try out everything I learned and my DH bought me some CD's (I had given him a shopping list, since I wasn't taking any breaks)!! He bought me a cd to learn John Ryan's' Polka. The tune was featured in the movie TITANIC. I've loved that piece for years. Here it is done by a local group (won't hurt my feelings none, if ya don't like it!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Rz5knSRzI

It was sunny, and hot. I was happy and satisfied....don't get much better. But boy did I sleep Sunday night and this am I had to go back to bed after DH left for work. Now I think I can conquer just about anything....well, some sewing and some music!

Hope all's well with you in your world and that there's some kind of music that makes your heart sing!
    Anita .....

"May you find peace while you piece" - Eleanor Burns

8. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Anita, you really need to make sure you stay hydrated, especially in summer. Very happy you had a great time and learned some new stuff.
    Bernina 770QE, Bernina 1120, Bernina Nova 900, BabyLock Ovation, Bernina Q24 Long arm

10. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Good mornin everyone....
    Monique, so happy your brother loved his quilt! Wow, 2 straight weeks of work....thankful you get to take something with you tomplaynwithnwhilemtounwork!
    Happy for you that you're going to get lots of sewing in this week.
    Wow a new car for you Lynda! Yeah!....and a new computer.....wow, you're doing great! Have fun making that on your LA!

Well it was an exhausting Saturday....into Sunday for me. I was up Saturday at 4, we were on the rode by 6 and arrived in Evart at 9 for the Hammer Dulcimer Festival. I planned on taking all 8 hours of classes. No breaks (so many great classes, not to). Got to the last class, set up and I suddenly didn't feel good. My DH could tell, something was wrong, and he helped me pack up and I took all the stuff to the truck. He went to get me something to drink and eat....mostly to drink. I hadn't used the bathroom the entire time. He kept bringing me water, I would sip it and then get busy playing, learning, listening....soaking it all in. So I was dehydrated. We left after we ate at 5:30. Didn't stay for the 2,1/2 hour concert. We were home at 8:30. I was happy. I was soooo tired.
    I can't wait to try out everything I learned and my DH bought me some CD's (I had given him a shopping list, since I wasn't taking any breaks)!! He bought me a cd to learn John Ryan's' Polka. The tune was featured in the movie TITANIC. I've loved that piece for years. Here it is done by a local group (won't hurt my feelings none, if ya don't like it!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Rz5knSRzI

It was sunny, and hot. I was happy and satisfied....don't get much better. But boy did I sleep Sunday night and this am I had to go back to bed after DH left for work. Now I think I can conquer just about anything....well, some sewing and some music!

Hope all's well with you in your world and that there's some kind of music that makes your heart sing!
    Anita...Thanks for the link. I love dulcimer music. There is something so soothing about it.

12. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Anita...Thanks for the link. I love dulcimer music. There is something so soothing about it.
    I think that's why I decided to learn it.....it's beeen said, it's not that hard an instrument to learn. So I decided to try it....then heard it is one of the hardest to learn. Happy I didn't hear the last part first. But I didn't find it hard to pick up, just hard to keep it going. As I always want to get better and don't think I'll ever "get" there. Ohhh, but the ride.....wonderful and peaceful! Thank you.
    Anita .....

"May you find peace while you piece" - Eleanor Burns

14. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I read this every day, but haven't posted in a while. Good to hear your updates!

I am in Iowa, spending the week herding grandsons while mom and dad go on a cruise. I hear they sleep very late, so I'll get some time each morning to sew. Then, when the troops are rousted out, we will do some exploring each day. Should be fun! I don't get one on one time with them that often and they are growing up fast! 14,12,and 9.

I had a most interesting experience this past weekend. Went to an antique and vintage sewing machine repair and restoration class. I took two machines with me, neither were completely trashed, but needed cleaning and repair. I couldn't believe that looking at the guts of a sewing machine and thinking " you want me to remove this?" As we started. But our mentor Ray Elkins gave us the confidence to do it, and I got my first machine back together with no left over spare parts! And got it to sew beautifully, and look so pretty! It is a Singer 128 Blackside, and a kid had scribbled crayon on the bed. With careful application of cleaners, I got that off and applied a beautiful finish coat of wax and she looks great. Then, after a few misses getting the needle in correctly, I got her to sew a beautiful stitch. The other one, a Pfaff 130, was smoking from the first stitch, which required a motorectomy! New motor She now runs like a top! Fun time and I learned a lot and made some nice new friends in the process!

Hope you all have a great week!

16. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, toggpine, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, Everyone ~ It promises to be a very hot day. It was 95 yest. & expected to be even hotter today. Sooo...as soon as I eat breakfast, I'm headed out to do some weeding before it gets too beastly. I should be able to get at least 1 garbage bag full before our garbage truck comes by later in the a.m. Some of the weeds are getting ridiculously high. I may need to dig them out with a shovel! I have a clam shovel--left over from living on the Oregon coast & clamming--that works great in the yard.

Had a quiet day yest. Didn't get any sewing done, but did some ripping out. Talked with DS#2 for an hr. in the evening. Oh, the big thing accomplished was changing our phone plan. We got a notice from Century Link that our monthly service charge was going up & the cost of long distance minutes was going to double! I was browsing to find a better plan that would have unlimited long distance. A live chat window popped up, so I thought, why not? I spent an hour on line with a CL rep who was very helpful & offered us a better plan for our home landline for less $ for the next 3 yrs. with no contract. We do not bundle with the TV (we still use the converter box), but we do have our internet with CL. So I'm pretty happy about getting better service for less $.

Well, I'm off to eat breakfast & get ready to weed.

18. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning (for 18 more minutes). I do read the daily post but have been in a funk and not posting much.
    Spent yesterday hauling everything out of the quilt cave so I can touch up the paint, clean and rearrange.
    I have to start working on painting and boxing things up for our last move to (hopefully) a little farm somewhere in the Southeast. I am planning on going slow so I don't end up hurting myself. The kitchen will be first and I finally decided on paint color. Trying to decide whether it's time to rent a storage unit or get one of those pods things. I'm thinking I can box up some things and stack them in the very small exercise room but the mess might drive me nuts.
    Today is supposed to be a little cooler (86) and then bounce back up into the heat with thunderstorms each day. I'd like to move somewhere that's not as hot in the summer so I could keep the windows open all the time!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

20. Thanks Monique thanked for this post