Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday Friday Friday

Good morning. The sky is partly blue this morning.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. Shopping and lunch afterwards. And yes, I did buy fabric.

Today is a work day. I loaded the van with quilt, table and sewing instruments. All ready to go. I will need to make myself a lunch as well.

Loads of stuff happening on the weekend and sewing not being one of them.

You all have an awesome weekend!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday Friday Friday

Monique, sounds like you had a wonderful day. Hope all your plans for today and the weekend go well too!

Well, so farewell the weather report is really good for tomorrow. 82 and sunny! Yeah, I hate schlepping in the rain.
    I'm so excited to get to the festival...not the drive, it's 3 hours and starts at 9. But once I'm up, I'm good....it's the getting up....

Hope y'all are doing well and that you enjoy a wonderful weekend!

Attachment 145147

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

Monique, glad you had a good day yesterday. You are so lucky you can take your quilting to work with you for when your work is slow. When I worked we couldn't even bring in a book to read, not that we ever had spare time. If any of us ever caught up on our work we were expected to make ourselves available to help out in another department. But that's life when you work for the State.

It's going to be super hot again today with a possibility of some showers, which would just make it more humid. I hope Jeff can have an easy day at work today. Tomorrow we will be going to Cuba to work for the day.

Yesterday I sewed for about 2 hours....yay! Now I hope I can keep it going.

I have all of Dottie's water toys out, so we will splash around for a while this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone....Hugs....

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone! It seems that it is going to be another cloudy, humid day but rain or shine, we are having a bbq tonight for friends who are moving half-way across the country to Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am so disappointed to see them leave. G just retired and we have planned for years to quilt together when she did. Guess that is not going to happen! I hope we will be able to travel with them this winter, but they have such an active life in their future caring for an ailing elderly mother that time will tell if they will be able to travel anytime soon.
    The craft room is up and running, but still not as pretty as I would like it to be. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will do so sometime this weekend.
    Must go now and prepare for the bbq...not to mention clean the house. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room."

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Friday Morning ~ More sunshine here. It was 94 yest. & will be that hot or hotter today. I did take it easy yest. I got my sewing room put back together & everything put away that I had hauled to the quilting class. I did some practice FMQ of the border patterns we learned in class. It is SO much easier on the LA than the DSM. I also did some practicing on feathers. A while back I took Angela's Craftsy class on how to quilt feathers. I need to watch those videos again.

This morning I plan to go by & see a friend & give her the quilt I made for her earlier this spring -- that Scripture panel quilt., which actually was from yardage, not a panel. She recently had to go on dialysis & hasn't been feeling well enough for me to even stop by for a few min. She has a lot of medical problems. I thought the scriptures would encourage her. She's a widow & lives alone with her dog Milo. After that errand, I'll get a few groc. DH wants a hair cut this afternoon. Other than that, no plans. Might get some sewing done this afternoon.

I don't care for today's tutorial. All that white! Definitely not for me.

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Grey and cloudy today not sure if the sun will show it's face. Rain last night so flowers in the planters all got a good drink.

Waiting for a few orders to arrive, should be any time now. I was not thinking when I purchased some fabric and bought the wrong fabric for a binding for my little bee quilt so had to order the correct one. Also ordered 2 patterns that should arrive soon. My granddaughters want me to make seatbelt covers for them as they bother their neck so that will also be on my list. I found a cute in the hoop embroidery for that project. Now to get the mojo going to get it done.

It's been quite hot here this past week so I decided to get a very short haircut for the summer months. Scary, but I told my hair stylist cut it all off yikes! Went from a stacked Bob to almost a pixie cut, but after it was cut I must say I wasn't disappointed and didn't have to leave the beauty parlor with a paper bag over my head!

Hope to get in the sewing room for a bit today, it needs a bit of a straightening up too many projects going at once sure does make a mess.

Wishing everyone a good weekend, off to get some coffee to get my day going.
    Last edited by Cathy F; July 14th, 2017 at 09:26 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Cathy, I'm laughing with you on the haircut. I just went and told the hairdresser to chop it all off. I am now sporting a Jaime Lee Curtis pixie! With the heat and humidity, I'm okay with it!

I'm off to meet a forum friend for the first time for coffee this morning, then DH has a project planned and needs some help with it. He wants to paint the garage floor with epoxy and it needs to be completed within a certain timeframe or it will get gunky. It will take both of us to try to get it down before it turns on us. Should be an interesting project.

Barb, I'm so glad you're starting to sew again! Can't wait to see what you're creating!

Have a great day, everyone!
    Cindy

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the garage floor . I think it's not as hard as you imagine. I think the haircuts sound wonderful.i get tempted every year but remember I have callics everywhere and it would just stick up lol.
    First time I remember so much humidity here in the mountains. I think it's hot everywhere. Just remember girls, we're all getting older so don't overexert!

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hazy, hot and humid in east TN today. A good day to stay inside with AC going full blast! I was out a little yesterday and felt like I was about to become a greasy spot on the pavement. After all the hot flashes Wednesday night from my cortisone shot, I was exhausted. I went to bed at 10, went straight to sleep, and slept till 9. I'm feeling much better.

House is upside down, so I'd better get to work and clean it up. I want to clear out closets next and I still have DGD's quilt top to put together. I hope to take it to the beach to show her.

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be another humid day today. I tend to have stomach problems when it's too humid so lately it's a choice of that or higher electric bills. I'm trying to just put the a/c on from about 2 till 6. The higher the utility bills the less money for my occasional quilting needs :-(

I had to take my hummingbird feeder down because it was becoming the local sugar picnic for the bees. It's happened before but this year it's really bad. I have them swarming all over that area this morning. I had it hanging off my back porch.

The little dog is back at the shelter now. I think he'll get adopted pretty fast once they get a little more weigh on him. Boy what a polite little trooper he is. I really hope he gets a nice soft spoken senior to adopt him. He's like zero maintenance, quiet, clean and would like nothing more the sit on a porch with his own loving master and watch the world go by.

Gina the dog warden dropped off the three shirts she wants me to embroider with a horse design (she competes in horse cutting). It makes me really nervous since I have to embroider directly on the shirts rather then like with a quilt where you do it on fabric ad then incorporate it while piecing the quilt.

Looks like we have a storm coming in already

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

20. Thanks Monique thanked for this post