It's Wednesday, which makes it HUMP DAY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Wednesday, which makes it HUMP DAY!!

It looks like today is going to be a rainy day. Hubby's birthday today and he won't be celebrating today. He did enough of that last night. Today we are taking his brother to the city for an appointment and then out for lunch.

Tomorrow Bonnie and I are headed to Arnprior (if everything works out) to the quilt store (I have a gift certificate) and then out for lunch.

Friday I have to work.

Saturday is my brother's birthday get together.

Sunday is cherry picking day. My nephew has so many cherries on his property that I would like some to make some jam.

And then work for the next two weeks.

Whew!! Tired just writing it out.

Have a grand day all you birthday ladies today and everyone else of course.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: It's Wednesday, which makes it HUMP DAY!!

A quick good morning ~ Last evening was Angela Walters as speaker at our guild mtg. I think we must have had a record attendance. We had several visitors & new members who joined. We have ~250 members in our guild. Angela was awesome, just as I knew she would be, and so down to earth, as well as funny & fun. She had her books, DVDs & other items for sale. I had her autograph my book (which I already had). She had quite a few quilts on display & talked about them. I took a few pics. I won't post any of them until after today's class, Borders & Backgrounds.

For "Sew & Tell", I shared my Baby Blocks Star, Rail Fence Star, & newly completed Two-Step quilts. I finished the binding on that yest. & ripped out & re-did 3 small areas where the stitching was too loose on the back. Quilting on batiks was a whole different experience. I organized all my stuff to haul to class today. After I got home from the guild mtg. last night, I loaded up the car. I'm all set except for putting my lunch together -- most of which is ready in the frig. I hope to be out the door by 8 a.m. Class starts at 9 a.m. It's going to be a good quilty day!

Comment

• Star lover
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2016

Mornin Monique and everyone in the quilt world....we'll, anywhere.

Monique, sounds like a nice day for lunch today.....you're one busy lady! I was tired reading it all. Hope you get some time for yourself in there.

I think I'm a bad person.

I went to pick up the stuff on the lawn before cutting it and found a baby (I think) squirrel. I mean just born. Still had some gunk on it and the flies were having a field day. I thought it was dead, got a shovel, picked it up, noticed it breathing. Now what.... I couldn't cut the lawn with it there, so decided to carry it to a flower bed, covered it with some branches so the birds wouldn't find it and maybe keep the flies off. Got to the drive and it came to life suddenly and flew off the shovel before I could stop it....splat...I mean the sound, turned my stomach...it was still breathing and making mewing sounds.... crap, what have I done?
      Figured it was going to die...I mean the nest was 50 feet up and it fell and then the splat....so into a flower bed it went. Cut the lawn, looked....it was still alive...now what? Put it back where I found it and covered it up again.

My DH came home, took one look. Yup, baby squirrel...ya might want to go into the house....I did....he killed it! Sob!

We have tons, I means tons of squirrels around here. All kinds of colors, brown, black, red, silver, mixed....they tear up everything, chew up everything, destroy stuff; I've seen a dozen at a time in our yard...yet...that little baby....broke my heart....I think I'm a bad person.

Sob, Sigh....gotta go and dry up, man up...or something....

Hope everyone has a much MUCH better day than that poor baby.....

Comment

• Lyndaj
        The Guild President
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by JCY View Post
        A quick good morning ~ Last evening was Angela Walters as speaker at our guild mtg. I think we must have had a record attendance. We had several visitors & new members who joined. We have ~250 members in our guild. Angela was awesome, just as I knew she would be, and so down to earth, as well as funny & fun. She had her books, DVDs & other items for sale. I had her autograph my book (which I already had). She had quite a few quilts on display & talked about them. I took a few pics. I won't post any of them until after today's class, Borders & Backgrounds.

For "Sew & Tell", I shared my Baby Blocks Star, Rail Fence Star, & newly completed Two-Step quilts. I finished the binding on that yest. & ripped out & re-did 3 small areas where the stitching was too loose on the back. Quilting on batiks was a whole different experience. I organized all my stuff to haul to class today. After I got home from the guild mtg. last night, I loaded up the car. I'm all set except for putting my lunch together -- most of which is ready in the frig. I hope to be out the door by 8 a.m. Class starts at 9 a.m. It's going to be a good quilty day!
        I am SO happy you got to have a class with Angela. She is just SO awesome. Love her.

Comment

• Monique
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Star lover View Post

Monique, sounds like a nice day for lunch today.....you're one busy lady! I was tired reading it all. Hope you get some time for yourself in there.

I went to pick up the stuff on the lawn before cutting it and found a baby (I think) squirrel. I mean just born. Still had some gunk on it and the flies were having a field day. I thought it was dead, got a shovel, picked it up, noticed it breathing. Now what.... I couldn't cut the lawn with it there, so decided to carry it to a flower bed, covered it with some branches so the birds wouldn't find it and maybe keep the flies off. Got to the drive and it came to life suddenly and flew off the shovel before I could stop it....splat...I mean the sound, turned my stomach...it was still breathing and making mewing sounds.... crap, what have I done?
          Figured it was going to die...I mean the nest was 50 feet up and it fell and then the splat....so into a flower bed it went. Cut the lawn, looked....it was still alive...now what? Put it back where I found it and covered it up again.

My DH came home, took one look. Yup, baby squirrel...ya might want to go into the house....I did....he killed it! Sob!

We have tons, I means tons of squirrels around here. All kinds of colors, brown, black, red, silver, mixed....they tear up everything, chew up everything, destroy stuff; I've seen a dozen at a time in our yard...yet...that little baby....broke my heart....I think I'm a bad person.

Sometimes things just can't be avoided. It doesn't make you a bad person .
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Lyndaj
            The Guild President
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Star lover View Post

I think you should have put a disclaimer to your message. I'm sorry I read it.

Comment

• Georgie Girl
              The Guild President
              • Apr 2017

Your husband did the humane thing so don't feel bad. You wouldn't want it to suffer having flies slowly eat it away.

Comment

• RockinLou
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Georgie Girl View Post
                Your husband did the humane thing so don't feel bad. You wouldn't want it to suffer having flies slowly eat it away.
                Yep, the mother wouldn't have taken it back in the nest. I hate when things like that happen.

I have promised my kids that I will take them to a museum today so that should be fun. Other than that I want to wrap up some projects and things around the house, we are so close that I can taste it!

DH will be out of town next week and the kids go to day camp M-F, so my goal is to rest as much as I can then!

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2013

Carlie and I had an overnight visitor last night. A mailman had emailed a pic of a tiny dog, tied outside, weak with vomiting and diarrhea to our dog warden. They picked the dog up, took him to the vet and charged the owner with abuse. Vet doesn't know what the problem is at this point in time but prescribed antibiotics, anti-diarrhea meds, honey and gave a few injections. They also considered putting him down but decided to wait and see if this will work. The cause is not parvo. Poor thing only weighs 5 lbs, he's skin and bone with distended ribs. Long story short, I told the warden I'd take him in for the night to assure he doesn't miss the meds every 4 to 6 hrs and we did that. Set him up with the big crate, a soft round puppy bed, wet food and water. He was refusing to eat or drink so he needed a syringe of water every 4 to 6 hrs also. We were happy that he did take water from the little bowl when we first put him in so the water syringe is no longer needed. So the little guy had his needs met over the midnight hours. He did pee outside and no more signs of diarrhea, he became little more alert although he still goes back into his crate and nice soft bed on his own (something I'm sure he didn't have where he came from). I was rewarded with a tail wag this morning so that was a good sign. Gina picked him up this morning so he'll spend his time at the shelter office with her. She's going to try some different foods with him to see if we can get him eating again. I told her if she needed it I'd take him again overnight tonight. We're still hoping he'll make it although we don't really know.

Carlie? Well she was curious and felt I was cheating on her behind the locked kitchen door where I had them separated.

dog thoughts.jpg

Oh and a storm came through at 2:30 and knocked all the electricity in the town out until around 6. I have all my electronics plugged into UPS ports so naturally I awoke to peeping throughout the house, had to find the flashlight to shut those off. Puppy lost his dog relaxation music I had playing . I'm tired now so going to bed to read :-)
                  Last edited by Carlie Wolf; July 12, 2017, 08:18 AM.
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Lyndaj
                    The Guild President
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                    Carlie and I had an overnight visitor last night. A mailman had emailed a pic of a tiny dog, tied outside, weak with vomiting and diarrhea to our dog warden. They picked the dog up, took him to the vet and charged the owner with abuse. Vet doesn't know what the problem is at this point in time but prescribed antibiotics, anti-diarrhea meds, honey and gave a few injections. They also considered putting him down but decided to wait and see if this will work. The cause is not parvo. Poor thing only weighs 5 lbs, he's skin and bone with distended ribs. Long story short, I told the warden I'd take him in for the night to assure he doesn't miss the meds every 4 to 6 hrs and we did that. Set him up with the big crate, a soft round puppy bed, wet food and water. He was refusing to eat or drink so he needed a syringe of water every 4 to 6 hrs also. We were happy that he did take water from the little bowl when we first put him in so the water syringe is no longer needed. So the little guy had his needs met over the midnight hours. He did pee outside and no more signs of diarrhea, he became little more alert although he still goes back into his crate and nice soft bed on his own (something I'm sure he didn't have where he came from). I was rewarded with a tail wag this morning so that was a good sign. Gina picked him up this morning so he'll spend his time at the shelter office with her. She's going to try some different foods with him to see if we can get him eating again. I told her if she needed it I'd take him again overnight tonight. We're still hoping he'll make it although we don't really know.

Carlie? Well she was curious and felt I was cheating on her behind the locked kitchen door where I had them separated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145003[/ATTACH]

Oh and a storm came through at 2:30 and knocked all the electricity in the town out until around 6. I have all my electronics plugged into UPS ports so naturally I awoke to peeping throughout the house, had to find the flashlight to shut those off. Puppy lost his dog relaxation music I had playing . I'm tired now so going to bed to read :-)
                    You're awesome!

Comment

• pcbatiks
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

I agree........Carlie's mom is awesome!
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Bubby
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

I got up extra early today to do some kitchen cleaning and straightening. Now I'm doing a few loads of laundry and before long I have to go feed/water/walk a sweet dog named Ralph (a girl) while her owner is away for the day. Ralph is a really sweet, old Lab mix. She is declining and I think she will be leaving us for Rainbow Bridge soon. She has large external tumors all over her body, poor thing.

It's blistering hot again today. Even watering the flowers isn't helping. Dottie goes out just long enough to go potty and dashes back to the house.

Wishing everyone a cool day....JCY, I hope you and your DH are keeping cool. Glad to hear you had such a good time at Angela's class!!

Hugs....Barb
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Navy Wife
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2013

It has been a long day here! I was up early to shower and get to the hospital. I had a cortisone shot in my worn out hip, and I have been a little uncomfortable all day. I should be having the new hip put in, but we're taking the family to Alabama coast the first week of August. I'm really dreading the trip and 8 days with the mob. I love them dearly. It's fun to see all the kids, grandkids and great grands, but with the pain, and not being able to sit or walk comfortably... 19, including 5 under 5 sounds like more than I can take! At least they all won't be there the whole week! They are coming and going according to work schedules. I shouldn't complain, because the girls, all 6 of them, and the boys won't let me do much. All I hear is "Sit down, Mom. We can handle this!"

Sorry to vent, but it was necessary. Tomorrow will be a better day if the shot works and I already feel better from the vent.

I'm going to visit 50 kittens tomorrow! They are rescues from being euthanized, and the shop that has them has asked for supplies and help. I can't do much, but I can love and feed kittens! That should help my outlook! Of course Ellie won't come near me when I come home.

I'll let you know how 50 kittens are!

Comment

• Bubby
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2011

Navy Wife, I really feel for you and the pain in your hip. I watch what Jeff goes through and it almost makes be cry. Shots do nothing for his hip and his first replacement has been deemed a Failure. He is deciding about the surgery on his second hip and has serious reservations after the outcome of the first one. My prayers are with you. I hope your shot really gives you relief and that you are able to enjoy your time with your family. Hugs.....
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                            X