Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NEED AL.... BEEN HACKED?

We have had our cards hacked a few times, but not since I use PayPal. Thank you, Al, for being so diligent.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We never use our debit card for purchases, either online or at stores. Credit Card companies are better at protecting you than the banks are. And someone could wipe you out before you know it. I had one friend whose son had his checking account hacked. Wiped him out. He had auto payments set up. And since his parents used the same bank and his mother's name was on his account, the bank took the auto payments from their account. Even though they had phone numbers to call, the bank did not contact any of them. Somewhere in the tiny print it said they could do this. What a rip off. When our kids got old enough for their own accounts, we had them go to different banks. It's worth the piece of mind even though it was inconvenient.

Thanks Al for explaining all this and for taking care of us.
    Vonnie

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I totally trust M*.

I've had things like that happen to me but not from M*, it was another company and with further investing it wasn't even the merchant that it was showing. You should contact the fraud department who ever issued you the cards.
    Have a blessed day
    Pam[/I]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Hey folks, let me address this. Kensington, this is a VERY serious accusation that there has been some sort of data breach here, I'd be a bit more careful before drawing false conclusions and posting on an open forum. Correlation does not equal causation.

To understand how this stuff works, let me explain our system. We use a credit card processor that stores your credit card information, not us. The folks we use are world class and have backing from every major credit card issuer. They lead the entire industry in compliance and security.

So no where on our servers is your credit card info stored, when you put it in, it is immediately encrypted and passed to our processor.

So Kensington, if your cards were stolen, the thief would have had to break into one of the largest credit card processors in the world and they would have access to over a billion credit cards and that would be HUGE news. I'm serious, I don't screw around with this stuff.

If you are interested in this stuff, I loved the read called Kingpin, kind of scary but very eye opening.

If you would like to remove a payment method, click on your account, go to payment methods, and you can remove them there. The BLOCK subscription uses your payment methods and only stores a token to tell it where to look (like a phone number) it doesn't store your actual credit card for that. But this is silly, credit cards have not been compromised.
    Thanks. I have never felt the M*QC site was not secure. I am very cautious about the card I use for online shopping and have not had an issue. I think my cc company would alert me if I started spending on anything other than fabric.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.