Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP - Week of July 10 - 16, 2017

Whoa, guys, the summer is speeding by! It's gotten really hot here - in the upper 90s (F) and quite muggy. I walk out of the air conditioning and my glasses fog up lol.

Big news is that I got ALL the remaining blocks pieced for my Scrappy Sister's Choice this weekend. Now to finalize the layout and borders and get the top finished. As much as I've been working on this, I feel it should be further along. It's a good intermediate goal, though.

How are things going in your world?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP - Week of July 10 - 16, 2017

Today is my youngest daughters 36th birthday. Much rather be lazying around like today than what I was going thru then.

It's 91 on my side of Kansas. My husband couldn't wait to go fly tonight. It's been hard on the poor fellow not being able to for 3 weeks.

Got 3 weeks of mail today and surprise! I had fabric. Now what did I want to do with it? HMMMM May just have to back up and punt. One of the jelly rolls was graduated purples so maybe I was going to make another flip and stack? But the other is July 4th strips. What the heck did I have planned or did I have anything planned? I've never done a log cabin so I bought a kit, The Good Life, from Connecting Threads. It is fall colors. Maybe when I get done with it I will make one with the red, white and blue.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not getting much sewing done this week, my main machine is in the shop and DH and I are on a short trip to Tennessee.
    We did shop at a quilt store and a place called Hammer's Dept Store. They have a fabric dept so that was fun.
    I ended up with about 8 + yards of fabric and 5 FQ for under $40. I hope we get to do some hiking tomorrow then try out a few antique stores. There are a couple more quilt stores in the next town we visit on Wednesday. More fun!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It is hot here in Texas too! But we've also had a few thunderstorms which are always welcome in July!

I got caught up on the Tour de France this weekend - I used to participate in the concurrent Tour de Fleece (spinning yarn) but my band broke & I just haven't made th time ti fiddle with it. I'm crocheting a Where's Waldo hat for my kid to take to theatre camp - they have a theme night and this year it's "Around the World" We still need to find him a wooden cane for his costume.

I finished my quartered squares baby quikt over the weekend & considering some of the stripes and corners didn't match up, it turned out ok. I put black border on it that frames it nicelt, but it also grabs every bit of lint that get close to it!

I starcheddar my jelly roll stops for my Studio Star quilt & got them paired up and cut. Now I have to cut the background & starch & cut that - hope to get that done on Saturday.

I also have 1 more top ready to quikt, alnig with a crib quilt that is about 80% done - ran out of thread to finish. I'm pretty proud of my fmq on that one.

I have a week ov "staycation" at the end of the month & am really looking foward to that.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I bent down to pick up something that was on the floor and did something to my lower back. Now I have back spasms and can't bend, sit or walk without pain.
    No sewing for me. Just hope my back gets better over the next few days.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hello every one. I am a new member to this forum and this is my first post. I am a new quilter and often get in over my head. I have decided to make an anniversary quilt for mi in laws 60th wedding anniversary. Wish me luck, the anniversary is 7/28/17.

7. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Debbie! Good luck on the new quilt. If you run into issues there are lots of very helpful people on the forum!

The humidity has cranked up here so it's not very pleasant outside this week. Maybe an excuse to be inside sewing this weekend! After getting my son moved into his apartment last week I'm finally back to working on my Austin Bluebird quilt. I almost have the applique on the first block done. I did finish quilting a twin jelly roll quilt for my son last weekend.
    Liz

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Debbie!!

I had hoped last week to get my machine up but it didn't happen. However all furniture is assembled and in place, so the house is ready for me to put everything away and spend the rest of my summer relaxing. I'm here for a full month still, so it should work out just fine! Today should be the last of the mayhem, so tomorrow I will sew .... really... I will!!

Especially because my friends at the quilt shop promised to quilt my tops in time for me if I get them in this week!!

10. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

sewwhat2015 hope your back feels batter soon. Spasms are so painful. Ice for the first 24 hours helps.

Welcome Debbie. Good luck with your anniversary deadline. That is a lot of pressure. We are here to help and support one another.

I am working my way through the elaborate spiky border on my Amazon Star quilt. Slow but steady progress.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3650.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	144966
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finally sewed some this weekend - I realized I had not sewn since the summer quilt retreat I went to June 16th &17th - no wonder I was having withdrawals! I worked on pieces for Texas Tumbleweeds by Bonnie Hunter.

Fun to see everyone's projects and hear about what is going on.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.