Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP - Week of July 10 - 16, 2017

I have been very frustrated with my machine, took it for service and not sure it is fixed yet. I need to do some more FMQ to see for sure. I stopped working on one quilt and resumed work on another, I feel like I won't ever get through. I understand having lots of unquilted tops, I love the piecing, I even like to sandwich quilts, I am not very happy with the actual quilting process right now, aaarrrggg!
    Maybe tomorrow will be better

2. Thanks kimsophia thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. This week has been a bit hectic. I've had company that will be leaving tomorrow. Also had a lovely barbecue with friends on Friday and another one here today. That's it for my summer entertaining. Onto other things. Ive been working on zippered pouches. I have already done 12 with only 7 more to go. Trying to figure out what material I need for all the xmas sewing.
    Hope everyone has a nice week.
    Kelly

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got sashing/cornerstones sewn to another seven blocks. I could have done more but my machine decided it did not like my monofilament any more and it developed tension problems. And so did I! Now why a machine will sew hundreds of these seams and then today, not, I don't know. I didn't see any fuzz in the bobbin case but I didn't take it entirely apart. But I had cleaned it two days ago and it wasn't even that fuzzy.

At least my cornerstone seams are lining up. You can't really tell with the all white fabric parts but the blue cornerstones really stand out. My double forked pins help a lot. I leave them in and very gingerly hand crank at that seam part so as not to break a needle, sliding them out if the needle is right at that spot.

I was looking a quilt tops for sale on eBay, then I was looking at prices for machine quilting, then prices including batting and backing, I thought, if I just had the top shipped directly to the longarmer, I could save myself the whole problem. lol