Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

Quote Originally Posted by SewMuchToDo View Post
    For one order they sent mine USPS only and it was wonderful, received within the week. Now even when I send requests for USPS only, they still go UPSurePost.
    I am currently waiting for three of my orders back from October 23rd, 24th and November 6th. It's been three weeks again. Hopeing they will come this week but when will there be options for quicker shipping or an option to opt out of Surepost?
    Not sure....but your shipping issues actually seem like the problem of USPS.
    Another thing....( and I don't know this for sure. I used to be friends with a man that was the postmaster of our community,and he would answer different questions of mine about the post office from time to time)......
    ....if you are having issues with back orders...can you call MSQC and cancel the order completely ? (Do they take the money out of your account and then have you wait for the item to come in OR is the back-ordered item not charged to your account UNTIL MSQC gets the item (from the back order) ?
    I have ordered from MSQC since 2011..and honestly, I have never had an issue with MSQC shipping. I have ordered yardage, the DD, templates, etc. The only thing I haven't ordered from MSQC is clothing ( Sweatshirts/T-shirts )
    I really feel bad for you.....I can't imagine waiting that long for anything. ( This is why I asked the questions...I am really curious. My son & DIL are thinking about moving to Alaska,and W*O*W....I can't imagine sending my DIL (who is a quilter ) a package from MSQC and having it take that long?
    Have you tried to call the store directly ? If you do decide to call the store, they usually call you back within 24 hours. There's been just one time I called (it wasn't about an order issue) and they called me 48 hours later.( I don't even remember what the actual call was about, but normally the turn around time is 24 hours, not 48 hours). So, I would call the store tomorrow and if you don't get through leave a message and have them call U back.
    ( I also have asked them questions and sent the questions via the "contact us" ( it's on the bottom of the front page of the MSQC's website.).......try this and see if it helps !)
    So sorry you are having issues !

Name:  th7GRS30VGLazy Gar.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  8.6 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Here has been my recent experience with shipping to South Bend, IN...

USPS -- when they handle the order from M* from beginning to end I receive the order in 2-3 days including Sat. delivery of packages.

UPS Surepost -- order gets to Indianapolis within 2 days. Then comes the issues -- if transferred to USPS there or in South Bend takes an additional 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS -- of course there is always a weekend involved which adds an additional 2 days to the delivery. The issue appears to be in the handoff between UPS and USPS and when that occurs. It is just not M*, but anything I order from any vendor. A lot of items ship from Chicagoland (2 hrs from South Bend) and it still takes 3-4 days to deliver -- I could walk there and back faster to pick up the items.

It also make a difference if it is being sent to a residential address vs a business address. Business deliveries seem to go through faster.

M* -- please give us some options on shipping. There are times that I would pay extra to get the items I need to finish a project or teach a class in a timely fashion.

Thanks for listening to us!!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

UPS Surepost adds several extra days on for me. I'd rather just have USPS.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Missouri Star, just a thought here. What about using drones, heehee
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swietsto View Post
    Here has been my recent experience with shipping to South Bend, IN...

USPS -- when they handle the order from M* from beginning to end I receive the order in 2-3 days including Sat. delivery of packages.

UPS Surepost -- order gets to Indianapolis within 2 days. Then comes the issues -- if transferred to USPS there or in South Bend takes an additional 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS -- of course there is always a weekend involved which adds an additional 2 days to the delivery. The issue appears to be in the handoff between UPS and USPS and when that occurs. It is just not M*, but anything I order from any vendor. A lot of items ship from Chicagoland (2 hrs from South Bend) and it still takes 3-4 days to deliver -- I could walk there and back faster to pick up the items.

It also make a difference if it is being sent to a residential address vs a business address. Business deliveries seem to go through faster.

M* -- please give us some options on shipping. There are times that I would pay extra to get the items I need to finish a project or teach a class in a timely fashion.

Thanks for listening to us!!
    You have hit the nail on the head, pretty much. The only thing is that when you see the UPS scan "transfer to Post office - it only means that UPS has put it in a bag destined for the post office. It does not mean they have taken it to the post office. Only when you see the scan "Accepted at Post office" does it mean that USPS has it in their possession/control. In my area, this usually happens after 10 am meaning the carriers are already out on the streets for that day, so it will be the next before it is delivered. The holdup is with UPS, but they make it look like the post office is delaying it by the way they scan it as transferred but may not deliver it to the post office for a couple of days.

And...because it is the mail carrier that delivers the package - most people assume it was the post office that took so long. WIN-WIN for UPS.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, evidently, UPS Surepost is holding my package hostage? The initial ETA of delivery was today; now it's not sure?

I ordered on 11/26/17 and it shipped the same day...good job M*. I so wanted this order today.......

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
    Nashua, NH, United States 12/02/2017 12:59 A.M. Departure Scan
    Nashua, NH, United States 12/01/2017 9:53 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Chelmsford, MA, United States 12/01/2017 9:31 P.M. Departure Scan
    11/30/2017 11:30 P.M. Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
    Chelmsford, MA, United States 11/30/2017 126 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Kansas City, KS, United States 11/27/2017 9:38 P.M. Departure Scan
    11/27/2017 5:56 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 11/26/2017 10:46 A.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This really has nothing to do with slow shipping but the service provided by the United States Post Office. I am still fighting with them. At their request I have taken pictures of where they leave packages, pictures of the label on the package and gone personally down there. I was told by the Post Master that it was unexceptable for packages to be thrown in the drive way and that there was no reason the package delivery person could not get out and walk the few steps and put it on the front porch. It doesn't do any good to complain it keeps happening. This fat old man is going to toss it out the window and let it land wherever. ( I have seen him doing it but can't catch him). I would rather pay more for other service and actually not be afraid someone was going to drive over my packages. I know one day, I will drive over medication or something else I have ordered. Sorry the picture is turned sideways. Maybe you can see the small package its the white square spot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2716[1].JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	148157

MSQ has been really good the last few times I have ordered getting it to me in a reasonable time.
    Thanks MSQ!
    Last edited by TMP; December 2nd, 2017 at 10:30 PM.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

My last couple packages have come USPS only and they were here in a much more reasonable time frame. I thank MSQ for sending them USPS only!!
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~