Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70
  1. #41
    Machine Stitcher

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    I got a reply from CS asking if I wanted my account marked USPS only. I'm not sure if that matters since it seems like the USPS surepost is where the hangup lies. I'm going to have to ask what they mean when they USPS only.

  2. Thanks SewMuchToDo thanked for this post
  3. #42
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    Quote Originally Posted by buffett1 View Post
    I got a reply from CS asking if I wanted my account marked USPS only. I'm not sure if that matters since it seems like the USPS surepost is where the hangup lies. I'm going to have to ask what they mean when they USPS only.
    Surepost is United Parcel Service (UPS) and the hang-up is when they transfer to the Post Office. Things that come direct from USPS from M* arrive in a matter of a few days, not the week to 10 days that Surepost takes, at least to me.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

    Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?


    Check my User Notes.

  4. Thanks shirleyknot, mommadeb thanked for this post
  5. #43
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    agreed! DAYS faster!

  6. #44
    Machine Stitcher

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Surepost is United Parcel Service (UPS) and the hang-up is when they transfer to the Post Office. Things that come direct from USPS from M* arrive in a matter of a few days, not the week to 10 days that Surepost takes, at least to me.
    Sorry, I had meant that to say " surepost TO USPS is where the problem lies" In this case, my packages were both accepted BY USPS and marked as "departed" for over 10 days. And I know that the regular USPS isn't that slow. So it's like they're languishing for days and days before they even being their little journey out here. I"ve got some things coming from Joann which is ALWAYS painfully slow but in those cases, it goes from UPS to surepost and it doesn't even show accepted yet. Just "transferred". That's why I got a little worried with my parcels from here. It's like the boat sank or something. LOL.

  7. #45
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    S.W. Florida
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    [QUOTE=K. McEuen;975857]Surepost is United Parcel Service (UPS) and the hang-up is when they transfer to the Post Office. Things that come direct from USPS from M* arrive in a matter of a few days, not the week to 10 days that Surepost takes, at least to me.[/QUOTE
    Ordered the DD the day the small ruler and the rotary blade were featured. About July 27th I think. Had it in my P.O. box 7-31-17 USPS all the way from north Mo. to south Fla. Kathy

  8. #46
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    How about not using Surepost any more????

  9. Thanks buffett1 thanked for this post
  10. #47
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    21,680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    Maybe Surepost is how they are able to ship so cheaply. There are different rates for companies that ship a ton as I understand it.



    Lorie

  11. #48
    Designer Diva

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    Quote Originally Posted by buffett1 View Post
    I got a reply from CS asking if I wanted my account marked USPS only. I'm not sure if that matters since it seems like the USPS surepost is where the hangup lies. I'm going to have to ask what they mean when they USPS only.
    I'm going to have to call and ask if they can do that for me. It's taking way too long with the UPS Surepost for me.
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

  12. #49
    Machine Stitcher

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    wish it was closer to MSQC
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    SewMuchToDo , I too live in Alaska & it is ridiculous the length of time we have to wait for items shipped via SurePost. I have complained to customer service about this & I still am not getting my orders in a timely manner. When they were sent via USPS they arrived in AK about as fast as they arrived when I lived in Texas. Sadly, my answer to the problem is I just don't order much or often anymore. I just am not willing to wait 30+ days for a delivery.

  13. #50
    Designer Diva

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

    Quote Originally Posted by brinasmemaw View Post
    SewMuchToDo , I too live in Alaska & it is ridiculous the length of time we have to wait for items shipped via SurePost. I have complained to customer service about this & I still am not getting my orders in a timely manner. When they were sent via USPS they arrived in AK about as fast as they arrived when I lived in Texas. Sadly, my answer to the problem is I just don't order much or often anymore. I just am not willing to wait 30+ days for a delivery.
    I totally understand. There are other places to order on-line but MSQC was my go to until last month. If I need it quickly, this will not be the answer unless shipping options change.
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •