Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

I got a reply from CS asking if I wanted my account marked USPS only. I'm not sure if that matters since it seems like the USPS surepost is where the hangup lies. I'm going to have to ask what they mean when they USPS only.

2. Thanks SewMuchToDo thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buffett1 View Post
    I got a reply from CS asking if I wanted my account marked USPS only. I'm not sure if that matters since it seems like the USPS surepost is where the hangup lies. I'm going to have to ask what they mean when they USPS only.
    Surepost is United Parcel Service (UPS) and the hang-up is when they transfer to the Post Office. Things that come direct from USPS from M* arrive in a matter of a few days, not the week to 10 days that Surepost takes, at least to me.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

4. Thanks shirleyknot, mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

agreed! DAYS faster!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Surepost is United Parcel Service (UPS) and the hang-up is when they transfer to the Post Office. Things that come direct from USPS from M* arrive in a matter of a few days, not the week to 10 days that Surepost takes, at least to me.
    Sorry, I had meant that to say " surepost TO USPS is where the problem lies" In this case, my packages were both accepted BY USPS and marked as "departed" for over 10 days. And I know that the regular USPS isn't that slow. So it's like they're languishing for days and days before they even being their little journey out here. I"ve got some things coming from Joann which is ALWAYS painfully slow but in those cases, it goes from UPS to surepost and it doesn't even show accepted yet. Just "transferred". That's why I got a little worried with my parcels from here. It's like the boat sank or something. LOL.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=K. McEuen;975857]Surepost is United Parcel Service (UPS) and the hang-up is when they transfer to the Post Office. Things that come direct from USPS from M* arrive in a matter of a few days, not the week to 10 days that Surepost takes, at least to me.[/QUOTE
    Ordered the DD the day the small ruler and the rotary blade were featured. About July 27th I think. Had it in my P.O. box 7-31-17 USPS all the way from north Mo. to south Fla. Kathy

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

How about not using Surepost any more????

9. Thanks buffett1 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Surepost is how they are able to ship so cheaply. There are different rates for companies that ship a ton as I understand it.

Lorie

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buffett1 View Post
    I'm going to have to call and ask if they can do that for me. It's taking way too long with the UPS Surepost for me.
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

SewMuchToDo , I too live in Alaska & it is ridiculous the length of time we have to wait for items shipped via SurePost. I have complained to customer service about this & I still am not getting my orders in a timely manner. When they were sent via USPS they arrived in AK about as fast as they arrived when I lived in Texas. Sadly, my answer to the problem is I just don't order much or often anymore. I just am not willing to wait 30+ days for a delivery.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brinasmemaw View Post
    SewMuchToDo , I too live in Alaska & it is ridiculous the length of time we have to wait for items shipped via SurePost. I have complained to customer service about this & I still am not getting my orders in a timely manner. When they were sent via USPS they arrived in AK about as fast as they arrived when I lived in Texas. Sadly, my answer to the problem is I just don't order much or often anymore. I just am not willing to wait 30+ days for a delivery.
    I totally understand. There are other places to order on-line but MSQC was my go to until last month. If I need it quickly, this will not be the answer unless shipping options change.
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~