Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Slow Shipping :(

Packages have to leave M* first....order placed June 29 and it still hasn't shipped. On my account it has said ready to ship since Wednesday....last week. Called again this am and it's being checked on...but my goodness. It'll be 2 weeks Thursday since I ordered......sigh

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Packages have to leave M* first....order placed June 29 and it still hasn't shipped. On my account it has said ready to ship since Wednesday....last week. Called again this am and it's being checked on...but my goodness. It'll be 2 weeks Thursday since I ordered......sigh
    Yeah, that's not normal, there must be something goofy with a product on there. Can you PM me your order number and I'll run out to look

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so sew much...it's on the move and should arrive Thursday! Yahoo!!!! Doin a happy dance!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    One thing to keep in mind, is the surepost shipping service by UPS has actually improved, which is why we're trying it again. They've structured a route that sorts our packages same day into the system. We're seeing pretty good data from it so far actually (in the 3-4 day delivery range). Also, by being open to seeking out the best solution, we leverage our position for better pricing, better speed, and better deliverability rates. There's a lot that goes into a shipping strategy, but UPS is sure they have improved the sure post offering, so we are trying them out again for a quarter.
    I'm glad it will help everyone else, and I hope there will be other options for Alaska/Hawaii soon. I placed an order quite awhile ago and it will be another 2 weeks from the tracking it's showing...
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

5. Thanks buffett1, shirleyknot thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting for my order to arrive that I placed on June 30th...hoping it will get here this week!! Not a fan of Sure Post or Smart Post...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Almost a MONTH??? Something dreadfully wrong there! Did they send it by dogsled?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SewMuchToDo View Post
    Still waiting for my order to arrive that I placed on June 30th...hoping it will get here this week!! Not a fan of Sure Post or Smart Post...
    Looked at your order from June 30th and it says it was transferred to your local post office and out for delivery July 10th, you had another order from mid July I could look at, is that the one you mean? Let me know, and I'll chase it down, if you're missing you're package from the 30th though, your tracking shows it delivered 11 days after you ordered, call customer service and let's figure out what corner of your local post office it's sitting in.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

It gets transferred to a post office in Washington and usually sits there for 2+ weeks and then comes over by boat. My son said I received a package today at home so hopefully it will be the one placed on June 30th. I will check when I get home. There is also one more that I am waiting for and it will probably be a little longer. Usually 2 weeks and possibly a couple days from when they say they turned it over to the post office... Thank you for looking at them.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    Almost a MONTH??? Something dreadfully wrong there! Did they send it by dogsled?
    LOL! Sometimes it seems that way when this shipping is used. It doesn't affect most in the lower 48 but does for my address...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SewMuchToDo View Post
    It gets transferred to a post office in Washington and usually sits there for 2+ weeks and then comes over by boat. My son said I received a package today at home so hopefully it will be the one placed on June 30th. I will check when I get home. There is also one more that I am waiting for and it will probably be a little longer. Usually 2 weeks and possibly a couple days from when they say they turned it over to the post office... Thank you for looking at them.

Just to set the record straight - TRANSFERRED to the post office means that UPS put it in a sack destined for the post office. Not until the scan says ACCEPTED by the post office does the post office actually take possession of the package. UPS probably waits until they have a full load before the actually deliver it to the post office. They love this situation because they can sit on a package for days and the post office gets the blame.
    Donna