Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WARNING!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS

So, as I told you we found an RV to buy at a really good price. So today we got the instructions on how to pay. It looked like a genuine email from Amazon but it made me suspicious because 1. I didn't know Amazon shipped large items like RV's and 2. they wanted me to go to K-Mart or one of several other stores and buy 4 $500 scratch back gift cards to make the down payment. I would have to travel an hour and a half to get to one of those stores and I already have an account with Amazon.

So I didn't call the number on the email. Instead I went to the Amazon site I trust and called the number. The man on the other end said that this is becoming a common scam, especially on Facebook and Craigslist.

So don't fall for it.

I guess I will start looking for another RV. SAD DAY, sob....sob.....sob
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WARNING!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS

Don't be sad. You were smart in checking and saved from a very bad experience. A better deal is in your future. This scam was reported on our local radio station and TV

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I keep getting fake emails from Amazon that my order was placed. Then emails on how they were cancelled. The first couple concerned me so I checked my Paypal account. I did have a bank accout hacked one time but my bank caught it and suspended my account. It's scary out there!

I hope you can find the RV of your dreams

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your dissapointment but hope others will learn from your experience.

Remember everyone,
    1. if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is (a fraud).
    2. Don't buy sight unseen
    3. Any seller who isn't willing to meet you in person is most likely a scammed
    4. Don't ever give out your personal info (i.e. credit card #, SS # , etc to an unknown person/business that you can't confirm they are legit.
    5. Unrelated to this scenerio, but remember IRS does not call you demanding immediate payment (you'll get lots of letters from them first).
    And finally, when in doubt, check them out!

5. Thanks WendyI, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That one was so weird I can't imagine anyone falling for it.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I keep getting fake emails from Amazon that my order was placed. Then emails on how they were cancelled. The first couple concerned me so I checked my Paypal account. I did have a bank accout hacked one time but my bank caught it and suspended my account. It's scary out there!

I hope you can find the RV of your dreams
    I get these too. I went on Amazon's site for information. Forward the message to stop-spoofing@amazon.com
    I still get a few but far less.
    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
    Hillary Clinton

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    I get these too. I went on Amazon's site for information. Forward the message to stop-spoofing@amazon.com
    I still get a few but far less.
    Thanks so much!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you were smart enough to know better

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WOW.....well at least you were suspicious enough to look into it further.
    Just recently I ordered a bed wedge for my bed and purchased it from an Amazon dealer. I actually ordered a couple of other things from other places on Amazon.
    Two of the three orders came as promised ( I have Amazon Prime and love it ) but the Bed Wedge didn't come. I finally called Amazon and they told me that they were having issues with the seller and promised to refund my money, which they did.

I normally always pay attention to the percentage given the seller and I normally won't buy anything from anyone with less than a 98%-99% as a seller. The reason I ordered the wedge from this gal was it looked as though they were new and I thought well, if they are new they are probably excited to get started with their business etc. LESSON LEARNED......Never again will I purchase from someone that doesn't have at least 6 months to a year in sales.

It's terrible that there's so many scams out there....you really have to be careful.

Glad you were proactive and seen thru this scam !

Name:  thOB9Z2RZJ.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  9.6 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing I have started doing and that's not leaving a valid Credit Card No# on anyone's site, regardless of how "SAFE" they claim to be. Sure, it takes time to put the CC No# in each time, but to me ( and I have an excellent memory.....I know the numbers of both CC I use)

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"