Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP - Week of July 3 to July 9, 2017

Happy national days to Canada and the United States! (Hope everybody else in the world had a good weekend LOL.)

I ended up taking a vacation day on Monday, and just now had a moment to get the thread open. Busy but fun around here.

I am on Block 47 of 56 on my Scrappy Sister's Choice (just TEN blocks to go!!!), and have the border of piano keys to quartets. This means that the next step is to figure out something to use as a design wall. Since I'm a 'dining room quilter', I really don't have a place for a permanent installation anywhere. And my knees are creaky enough that I don't want to lay things out on the living room floor, though that's my 'last resort' option.

I could always wait to lay everything out at my bee, but I won't be going again until August and I hate to loose the momentum. Pondering while I finish up those last few blocks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP - Week of July 3 to July 9, 2017

I pinned and clipped quilt batting to a long bedroom curtain as it hung in the window. It was a black out curtain, so it was pretty substantial thickness. Then my blocks stuck to the batting (or got pinned/clipped if they didn't stick). The little Clover clips were really handy for this process.

I only cut and ironed one applique block today but DH and I were cleaning carpets/upholstery. I decided to try to reupholster the dining room chairs. I found a good price on upholstery fabric online at fabric.com ($10.54 a yard). I was shocked to see some of the upholstery fabric prices...I guess it is 60 inches wide, but still...yikes.

If I keep up my current pace I could start stitching around all the house appliques by the end of the week. I'm guessing I could do a block or two a day. It should go a lot faster than the curvy tree squiggles did.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, how exciting threadbndr!! I'm doing some household organizing with the goal of sewing by Friday. I have some quilt tops that need layout/sashing so I can get them quilted, these are my goals for the summer and I hope to get cracking on them soon!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Phew. I had enough fabric to do the band that goes around the circle. It really ties all the pieces together. Next is a big elaborate spiky border. I am loving this pattern. It is so me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3636.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	144685
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, this is phenomenal!!

I'm working on the massive organization project today... it involves assembling my new desks for my sewing space <3

It also involves cleaning up kids toys and sending another load or two of stuff off to storage.... so we'll see how far we get. I hope not to leave the house, that will help....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was finishing up cutting background blocks for houses and laid them out on the bed with the finished tree blocks and found that I was a block short. GACK! Thankfully Jo-Ann's still carries the fabric, Kona chartreuse, so I bought an extra yard. I don't know if I lost the block or just never cut it out. I looked at my pages of calculations and drawings and couldn't make sense of what I had written down...I was multiplying a lot of different numbers by nine so I was clearly working on the blocks. I bought extra background fabric at the time and I still needed more. Thank God I could still find it...altering the directions is dangerous with my lack of spatial relations skills.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got the first spiky corner border unit finished. This has been the hardest part of this quilt pattern so far. The colors look even better in person. I will be carrying the red blue and pink colors out in the remaining arcs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3641.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	144892

Where is everybody this week?
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

8. Thanks pcbatiks, Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looking great Denise.

Does it count if I spent the day ironing and folding the bargains I bought at the destash sale?
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise that quilt is amazing! Can't wait to see it completely finished.