Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Appliances... dishwasher is dead

I have been griping about the slow and steady demise of out 17 year old dishwasher for two years.... last week we went to shop for new appliances, DH placed an order for a washer/dryer and dishwasher this afternoon.

Tonight, the dishwasher died during its last load.... too bad we have to wait until the 11th for the installation

Here's the debate though... do we also replace the fridge/ range/ microwave at the same time so that they all match??

They haven't died yet, but I suspect the fridge is next ...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Appliances... dishwasher is dead

I don't think I would. Save your money.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Geeze Lou, do you think you could get your hubby to order a dishwasher for me LOL ???
    My Dishwasher as been out of commission for 3 yrs.
    No kidding aside, I need to just go buy one and have someone install it.

Lucky you Lou!!!
    Name:  th63SRWV26.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  10.6 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the appliance store gives you a big discount for an appliance pkg I'd wait then they won't all die at the same time again

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It often takes time to get what you want at a good price. Waiting until an appliance gives out can be inconvenient and may take away to opportunity to take advantage of a sale.

I would plan to replace the range and micro at the same time and then the frig. Though some stores give a better price if you buy a suite of appliances.
    Diana Grey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new washer a few years ago..does not match the dryer but I did not care. I don't have a dishwasher, when I moved into my current home about 16 yrs ago I only used the dishwasher for storage. Got rid of it about a year later when I sold it to my neighbor. So we bought a small freezer that fits perfect in that space and it gets much more use then the dishwasher would have. I have always done dishes by hand and still do.
    Barbara

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When you say matched does that mean color wise or brand?

I replaced my appliances as they died. They are all the same color, but different brands. I bought the brands that had the features I liked best.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My fridge was going after numerous repairs so getting it wasn't an emergency, but soon. I hate shopping (except for fabric) and since I live six blocks from a Sears Outlet store I went there first so I didn't have to go to the mall. I scored big time! Not the first time but I kept going back. They have a wide variety of scratch and dents, some were very dented on the front, some had small scratches on the side or not visibly scratched at all. I got a huge French door Frigidaire Gallery stainless steel, orig $1900 marked down to$1000. There wasn't a scratch on it anywhere. The salesman said a lot of fridges they get is because the homeowner measures wrong and they don't fit because people have high up cabinets that they fail to figure in. So I would definitely start at a place like that if you aren't in a rush and want to save money. The savings can be significant. And it came with a complete warranty.
    Last edited by jjkaiser; July 4th, 2017 at 12:37 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would replace only as needed. That's what we've done. We have a white K. range, almond D/W & frig. None are the same brand. The dryer I bought this May is a Crosley. They give a better warranty than on brands of appliances.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

As the wife of an appliance repairman who has worked for all the major brands, let me pass along some thoughts on dents and dings. Yes, the appliances are fine and a good price. BUT, and this is a big but, make sure that it has a model and serial number. Some places will pull the labels and then it is next to impossible to get it fixed because you can't get any tech info on it or parts breakdowns. If it has a sign in the store saying what it is take a picture of it. Hope you enjoy your new toys for years to come. And don't call my husband because I finally convinced him to retire last month
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

11. Thanks toggpine, Old Newbie, lourixe, Monique thanked for this post