• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Sunday Morning Hellos

Hi again, Everyone ~ I have just a few min. before I need to fix DH's breakfast & make 2 salads. It will be church this morning. The missions group is having a media sale next week, so I sorted through some books & CDs I no longer need. I have a box of items ready to take.

Yest. a.m. I mixed up my turkey patties; that took most of the morning. Did laundry. I called the LQS to see if they had the FMQ presser foot for my DSM. No luck. There is a Viking dealer in another town, but I don't want to drive that far. So, I searched the web. Found just what I was looking for on Amazon at a much better price. Here's hoping it will be here before the 12th for the FMQ quilting class. I also ordered a new Supreme Slider & medical exam disp. gloves, which I use all the time around the house & for weeding in the yard.

It's supposed to be sunny & in the 90's today. It got up to 92 yest. We're still having poor air quality from the western fires. Gotta go.
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Sunday Morning Hellos

Morning Joy & Everyone,

It's a beautiful morning here. We are determined to make this an easy day. I promised Jeff homemade French toast for breakfast and there's no going back once I promise.

We had a tiring day at the apartments yesterday. A new tenant is moving in this weekend.

Dottie doesn't want to get out of bed today. She woke me after midnight and wanted in bed with us and she's still sleeping snuggled in a quilt.

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend. Our local fireworks were last night and we were too tired to attend this year. Does this mean we are getting old? Olive loved fireworks but Dottie barks at them.

Hugs all around....Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• peggiep
      Applique Angel
      • Oct 2015

Morning everyone..it was a very wet and miserable day yesterday for all the Canada 150 celebrations and although we were supposed to go to the park with the kids, we postponed until today. So, instead I stayed home, watched the festivities on TV and sewed one of the gifts for my Secret Santa box. There were fireworks last night that had every dog in the neighbourhood barking. I was so thankful that our little dog is no longer with us because the fireworks used to upset her terribly.
      This morning, it is still gray and damp, but at least it is not raining!
      Looking forward to this week as it will be "moving in" day for the new craft studio. The finishing touches will be completed by Monday, so Tuesday I will be carting all my stash and stuff to the new 20 x 24 ft room. I am really excited because I will finally have a spare room where the grands can have sleepovers, and I will have room in the studio to really be able to get organized and work more efficiently.
      Have a great day everyone!
      Peggiep
      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning all. I didn't make it to the forum until almost midnight last night. At that point, I figured I'd missed the good mornings and I'd just wait until today. DH and I went thrifting yesterday. Our #1S really wants our bedroom set, and as I was promised a new dresser and night stands, I thought we'd see what we could find. Struck out on that trip, but did spend most of the day out of the unpacking / sorting stuff for donating zone.

We stopped by the storage place and picked up several boxes of stuff that will go in my sewing room. One box filled with nothing but batiks, sigh, the boxes I have stuff packed in won't fit in the shallow closet. So, there's going to be some re figuring on the horizon for me.

Mail brought a package from M*. I bought the Coastal Bliss panel. Last night we went searching for stretching frames to mount it on. Couldn't find any, so I bought a big frame. I'll starch and press it today and have it hung by supper. I think it will look nice on the bedroom wall.

While we were out, we stopped at Lowe's and picked up a light for the garage. As soon as it's hung, I hope to be able to see in the washer and dryer. I don't get why there aren't any lights over that dark corner. Guess it's a good thing I married an electrician that worked for a lighting shop during his high school days! He's made me two chandeliers to hang where there was no lighting before and replaced light fixtures that just didn't provide any light to LEDs that will probably out live us.

Happy Sunday, everyone!
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Carolnnc
          The Guild President
          • Oct 2015

Good morning all. Fell asleep last night around 3am so unless I get an afternoon nap it's going to be a long day.
          It's supposed to be another hot and humid day here. It's the kind of day that's good for drying laundry on the clothesline or hiding in the house!
          I'm heading out to our recycle it shop this morning. They occasionally have donated sewing machines for sale and I found a great little Janome there for $45 last year. Lately I've found some great quilting magazines, quilt books and cotton fabric when I've gone by.
          Enjoy the day!
          :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

So far it's pretty nice here.
            Carolnnc I hear ya on those can't sleep nights messing up the day after. The night before last I fell asleep around 5AM. I hate when that happens. Turns out to be a total waste of the next day.

Buddy it might be a getting older thang re the fireworks. My neighbor next door asked if I wanted to go with them on their way out to it last night. I told them I'd love to but Carlie gets scared and I don't want to leave her alone to fend for herself. She appreciates it and finds my presence reassuring. Nothings going to happen with mom around, right? right? I realized last year that I can see the cell tower from my house through the tree line and that where the fire works go off. So I got to see them from my house again this year. They were nice again :-)
            Nothing doing today.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
            X