Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default cancer word-update

Well, I've had the 1st round of chemo & kinda sorta okay so far. Fatigue was at the top of list. Wow! Do they understate that! Felt as if someone had pounded on my shoulder tips & knees. Only had 1 day of nausea (3 days out) & that was because I didn't take my anti-nausea pill. Now it's Friday exactly 1 week before 2nd treament & my hair has started to fall out. To be honest I had my hair cut shorter in anticipation of the fallout but I still cried yesterday when I brushed it & there it was - about 2 dozen strands. So take it from someone who can attest to the fact that you CANNOT be prepared enough. I know it's gonna get worse (hairwise & otherwise) but all I can do is stay as positive as I can. My family, including a formerly estranged daughter) is so supportive. I ask you, my quilty friends, for continued prayers . I believe with GOD's support above all I'll come out of this before I know it. Bumps in the road & all.

My thanks to you folks cos it's with support & encouragement like you give that helps me & all of our friends here with the trauma of loss, surgery or something. I thank GOD for you all.

Gina

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cancer word-update

My heart aches for you and will be praying for you too. So thankful that the relationship with your daughter is better.
    My sister went through chemo and she had kinda dark blond hair, it grew back after chemo...Black! I'm always taking double takes at her, sure made her look different! Praying too that it won't continue to exhaust you so much.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There are going to be bumps in the road along the way and the hair loss is a big one. When my late husband Mike lost his hair from chemo all the men who worked under him shaved their heads in solidarity. We will be praying and remembering you daily. One day at a time....(((HUGS)))

5. Thanks stationarymom thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I will be praying for you on this journey. Hope you are getting plenty of rest and so happy your relationship with your daughter has been restored.
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My gf just went through this and it's now growing back. It's only hair...it will return and be glorious! Hang in there honey!! And if you are out of commission, maybe get someone to keep us posted? take care! (((HUGS)))

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping you in my prayers Gina. My DIL went through chemo twice. That is what upset her the most was losing her hair. . Her hair came back thicker than before. She said in some ways it is like having a baby. You forget the pain. I hope and pray it will be the me for you. Sending hugs and prayers

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina, what a hard read your post is...so difficult to think that you are having to go through such a hard time. I am blessed in that I have not had to go through anything like that, but have friends and relatives who have. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It's hard to know the right words to say to you, but hope you know that positive thoughts and virtual hugs {{{{{ }}}}} are coming your way. By the way, the female friends and family who did lose their hair tell me when their hair came back in, it was prettier and some even had curly hair. Not a lot of comfort in that right now, but I hope it will be some day.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Continued prayers for you, yes, this journey will be hard,
    hold fast to your faith, God wants you to heal.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Many prayers and thoughts sent your way!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers said for you.