Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Friday has arrived

Good morning everyone. WOW Friday! It rained all day yesterday. I did a load of wash and then went over to the community centre to return some books and downloaded a few movies while I was there. I work today so I need something to watch. I should be able to finish the hexie quilt today if all goes well.

I was able to attend the wake yesterday of a dear friend. It was so terribly sad to see his wife Anne rubbing his hand. I don't know what will become of her, she has dementia. Her son told me they only told her the day before that he had passed. And I worry about her. Grant was a mentor to Phil when he first joined the Lion's Club. Phil had great respect for him. They even came to his stag and wedding reception. The community will feel his absence for a long time. My heart is still heavy, sorry .

Tomorrow is CANADA DAY!! 150 years young. Celebrations throughout the land. I would one day like to go to Ottawa to see the fireworks but not this year. At least a half million people are expected there tomorrow. Security will be tight to say the least. There seems to be talk of a possible terrorist attack. Please pray that there is none. My sister-in-law is having a BBQ at her house after the parade. I hope it doesn't rain either. I am asking a lot today aren't I?

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well Friday has arrived

Mornin Monique and everyone!
    Monique, so sad for you and your community at the passing of your dear friend. Praying for you and the family during such a tough time. And that Anne's grieve will be eased by such dear friends.
    Happy Birthday Canada!
    Raining here today, not much else going on.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July celebration, here in the states! I've got lots of family stuff, so won't be around for a few days. Enjoy!

Attachment 144484

3. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Raining here. My roof is tentatively scheduled to be done on Tuesday barring any weather. Have a feeling we're going to be pushed back if it continues to rain today. Oh well, not much I can do about it.

It's been a busy week for me. First, my long arm was delivered on Sunday. Second, I had 4 classes with Angela Walters over Monday and Tuesday. Third, I got to play!!!!! SO much fun, even though I had all kinds of problems on Wednesday, beginning with figuring out how to thread Quentin. So much fun.

Wishing my Canadian friends a very happy and safe Canada Day tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens in Ottawa or anywhere else there are going to be large crowds e.g. Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver. I'm not going anywhere this weekend which is fine with me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4580.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	144485

Have a great weekend peeps.

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! Its cloudy and T- storms are predicted. Work today. We have a 55% off coupon in honor of Canada Day since we have Canadian stores also. We will have are BBQ on Sunday when hubby and I are home. He has the 4th off but I do not. The kids go to the fireworks every year but we stay home because coming in at midnite and getting up at 4am to get ready for work doesn't work well on our old bodies. We go when it falls on a weekend.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canada day.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	144486
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

7. Thanks Lyndaj thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  canada-day-fireworks.gif
Views: 135
Size:  13.3 KB

Happy Canada Day! I hope the weather forecast is wrong since there has been so much planning (not to mention, expense) to the celebration of our 150th Birthday. Although we live only an hour away from Ottawa, we will be going to Brockville instead.

To our American friends, Happy July 4th!
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, and Happy Canada Day to my dear Canadian friends! We may get some rain today, but I'm hoping not tomorrow. Because my brother and I are driving to Atlanta to visit my daughter. I'm not looking forward to the drive, but definitely looking forward to visiting her! She just bought a new sewing machine, so I hope we get a little chance to play on it!

Not much going on here today, other than packing and getting ready for the trip! Hope you all have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!
    Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends. I hope the weather cooperates for all the planned festivities.

Sun is shining and looks to be a nice day. Not much on my agenda today. My husband is in Pennsylvania with out daughter at the Pocono Raceway today. Her Father's day gift to him was a NASCAR Experience. He gets classroom training for a few hours then gets suited up and gets to drive a NASCAR car around the track by himself for however many laps. My daughter will get to join the day with him but she will be the passenger in a car driven at full throttle by a race car driver for 3 laps around the track. Hope they get plenty of pictures! The funny part is they have to be able to get in and out of the cars by themselves, which means climbing through the car window. Should be interesting.
    My adventure of the day will be sewing, much more my speed!

Wishing everyone a good and safe weekend!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy F View Post
    Morning all!
    Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends. I hope the weather cooperates for all the planned festivities.

Sun is shining and looks to be a nice day. Not much on my agenda today. My husband is in Pennsylvania with out daughter at the Pocono Raceway today. Her Father's day gift to him was a NASCAR Experience. He gets classroom training for a few hours then gets suited up and gets to drive a NASCAR car around the track by himself for however many laps. My daughter will get to join the day with him but she will be the passenger in a car driven at full throttle by a race car driver for 3 laps around the track. Hope they get plenty of pictures! The funny part is they have to be able to get in and out of the cars by themselves, which means climbing through the car window. Should be interesting.
    My adventure of the day will be sewing, much more my speed!

Wishing everyone a good and safe weekend!
    That sounds like an amazing gift.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Canada Day to our friends up north!

Monique so sorry about the death of your friend as well as his wife having dementia. Such a sad disease, I wish they could find a cure for it.

Lynda congratulations on the long arm!! And classes with Angela Walters, how exciting is that!?

Kind of a sad weekend for me. My son is moving to an apartment with 3 friends and they are all starting college in the fall. Excited for him but he's my only child so there isn't another left in the nest. So it's a "rip off the bandaid" kind of thing. So now it's just me and my two labradors. I'm worried about my dog Jazz because he's very bonded to him so it will be hard on him. So I will need to give him extra attention. At least he will still be living here in Fayetteville so maybe he will come home to do laundry. Ha!

13. Thanks Lyndaj thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Happy Canada Day to all our northern forum members. Hoping for a safe and relaxing time of celebration for all of you. It's overcast and drizzling here in Atlanta. Jean, if you have some downtime while you're visiting, give me a call. Would love to see you again.

Liz72703, I can still remember the day my oldest left for college like it was yesterday and he will be 39 this year. It was very emotional, but it got easier as time went along. It's an exciting time for them. Try to keep busy and enjoy the experience. He'll be back, soon and often.

Cathy, that sounds like an exciting experience awaiting your daughter and husband. I'd be doing the same thing you are!

Monique, so sorry on the loss of your friend and for his wife. That's a difficult situation. Prayers for the family.

It will be a working weekend here. DH has four days off and wants to resurface the garage. That means everything in the garage needs to come out. We started last night and are finding things we thought we had lost. Almost like Christmas in July! When I have something in the house that I just don't want to see any more and DH isn't ready/willing to toss it, it goes out to the garage. Now, we're finding it again. We need a dumpster! Hopefully, he'll be ready to let some of this stuff go at this point.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Cindy