Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many of you do this ?

I just cut my left index finger while I was cutting the 2.5" wide strips into 6.5 inch squares so I can make one of those Fence Rail Star Quilts.
    WOW....did that hurt.....I just sliced a tiny piece of skin...but the way it bled you would have thought I cut my entire finger off !!
    So, I have this big bandage on my finger, so I suppose it's time for bed.....

Well, Mason the cat keeps coming in the sewing room, he meows at me, and then pats my knee as if to say " Okay Mom, you cut your finger, now that's enough sewing for the day.....besides I need some lovin & I want you to pet me too."
    Mason is an awesome cat....I am sure by now most of you have figured out I am a cat lover ( I love dogs too! ) .

Good Night everyone ! I was going to stay up....but after cutting my finger, I think going to bed is the best idea !

Name:  th511XG2QH Minion Snack.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  7.9 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How many of you do this ?

Sorry you cut your finger. I haven't done that yet, but I'm sure my turn is coming. Hopefully you can get some good sleep and start fresh in the morning.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Never id it with a rotary blade but have suffered through multiple paper cuts ... no fun. Mason sounds like he just wants to get your attention to get you mind off your injury. Have a great night's sleep!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep......I've cut myself twice! The first was when rotary cutters first came out and they had no safeguards. It was Christmas Eve afternoon and I was trying to finish a couple things up and while cutting some ribbing for tshirts, I sliced into my thumb to the bone! Blood everywhere! I should have gone to the ER, but I bandaided it up and did what had to be done. That hurt like the dickens for days!

Second time was just a few years ago. The rotary cutter jumped the edge of my ruler and sliced right into the index finger of my right end and into the side of my nail! MM was home, I screamed at him to come help me as again, blood was going everywhere. I was pretty sure I needed stitches, but let him convince me I didn't and he bandaged it up. As he looked at it a couple days later, he agreed I needed stitches, but by then it was too late. I had not retired yet and in order to type, I had to splint my finger.

Both times, it was a pain in my patootie!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! I only "touched" a rotary blade once to a hand and that bled like mad, but wasn't in a spot that slowed me down and didn't hurt much. The worse I did was with a mandolin. Sliced off a chunk of skin and a fingernail! Bled like mad, hurt like ......., took forever to heal. I feel for you and hope a good nights sleep makes everything better.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not while cutting any fabric. I cut the meaty part of my hand under my thumb because I did not close my rotary cutter and put it down before adjusting my fabric. The cutter just barely touched my hand (new blade) and gave me a nice cut, bled like crazy took a long time healing as it was in a part of my hand that moves a lot. Have a nice scar to remind me to put it down and close it.

My 3 cats are always interacting with me and the family. If your cats are truely interacting with you then you understand very well what they want and say. Ours are amazing. Yes I am a cat lover! Here are 2 of the 3 that own me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	144397
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...been there, done that, have the scar!

Mason sounds like an wonderful cat.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch to all of you.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, even ended up in the ER for stitches because the cut was so deep it wouldn't stop bleeding. I've also put a sewing machine needle through my finger (the fleshy tip.) Now that flippin' HURT!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I cut myself twice with a rotary cutter, the last time I went over the top of my thumb and luckily didn't need stitches. I don't do anything crazy when I'm cutting any more because of that e.g. cutting in a way I really should have rotated the fabric before I cut.