Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby Lock Coronet

Hi,
    I am trying to decide what Quilting Machine to purchase ....for my own use. I don't want to go into business for myself etc. I simply don't want the aggravation of having people bug me about their quilts or Heaven forbid I would make a mistake quilting someone's quilt !!

That being said, I called the local quilt shop who sells Baby Lock Quilting Machines.....I asked about the Baby Lock Tiara III and she also told me about the Baby Lock Coronet......which is a step up I guess.

So, are there quilters who belong to this forum that have a Baby Lock Coronet ? Are you glad you purchased it ? Would you have purchased something else than the Coronet Baby Lock machine, now that you have the Coronet ?

I have an Drs. Appointment on the 29th that would be close to the shop that sells Baby Lock Products and I plan on stopping there after my Drs Appt on the 29th.

I hope that those of you who might have the Coronet will make some comments here. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post here !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Baby Lock Coronet

If I am not mistaken the Coronet is a stand up quilting machine on a frame. The Tiara is a sit down machine on a table. The table machines take up much less space and your hand movements would be the same as doing free motion quilting on your home machine. The stand up machines you move the machine and not the fabric.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

3. Thanks Lyndaj thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I attended a seminar last month detailing the features of the BabyLock quilting machines. The Tiara and Coronet are the same size (16") Tiara a sit down where you do the FMQing and the Coronet is a stand up, where the machine is on the frame and on the " sled" for moving the machine like the Crown Jewel. The sit down and Coronet were pretty close in price. The Coronet frame is just 5 or 6 feet long, and you do not roll the quilt. The frame is made like a hand quilting frame, you unclamp the quilt sandwich and move to a new area to quilt just like you would if hand quilting. I think the Tiara was around $5000, the Coronet around $6500 and Crown Jewel without computer drive $11000. With computer, $20000. If I had the space, I would go for the full size Crown Jewel ( probably III) with no computer. It's the easiest to use IMHO if you aren't confident with FMQing.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I have the coronet on the pearl frame and love it. Started out with the coronet frame and did not like the frame. Not sure if I would have went with the Jewel or not. The coronet is very easy to use.