Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Heat n Bond and stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by Sharyn J View Post
    I don't have any idea how to make one without cutting to lay flat. I've seen a few on Etsy and it appears that the items were cut. There are also a number of youtube videos as well, but most of them show sections of the garments, rather than the whole clothing piece. Personally, I wouldn't take the job. Sounds like a LOT of work.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4576016...f=sr_gallery_7

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2875134...099c:287513475
    I'm amazed at these prices....no way on God's green earth would I do it for that little. More like double or triple....

2. Thanks pixiedust0830 thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar problem sort of.... except mine are kids bedding instead of kids clothes....let me tell ya some of those blankets are SUPER THICK!!! I was like " wait a minute here" I don't think I can do the really thick blankets because they have no back it's all the same single piece on both sides... the lady just left me her big black trash bag full of her 3 daughters blankets for me to figure out... long story short ...it's been over a year and the lady changed her contact info and I have no way of connecting with her... the bag is still in my sewing room shoved to a corner.... I don't know what to do with it.... like you Sandy I was thinking heat and bond but when I spoke to her about purchasing stabilizer I never heard from her again....oh yeah and top it off I already had everything cut out and ready to sew....lol....so I feel you....you are lucky that she's easy going
    Priscilla Lujan
    Los Angeles, CA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedust0830 View Post
    I have a similar problem sort of.... except mine are kids bedding instead of kids clothes....let me tell ya some of those blankets are SUPER THICK!!! I was like " wait a minute here" I don't think I can do the really thick blankets because they have no back it's all the same single piece on both sides... the lady just left me her big black trash bag full of her 3 daughters blankets for me to figure out... long story short ...it's been over a year and the lady changed her contact info and I have no way of connecting with her... the bag is still in my sewing room shoved to a corner.... I don't know what to do with it.... like you Sandy I was thinking heat and bond but when I spoke to her about purchasing stabilizer I never heard from her again....oh yeah and top it off I already had everything cut out and ready to sew....lol....so I feel you....you are lucky that she's easy going
    Wow what a mess you didn't get an address for her to bed and did she already pay you hopefully at least a deposit?
    Hawaiigrammi

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

She left me with $ 45 deposit... so I had figured I would draw out some patterns I could do based on the bedding... but I soon realized that I wasn't going to use most of the bedding..... so I decided to cut it into salvageable pieces to get a better idea... I messaged the lady 2 times with a response from her but from then on I couldn't get in touch anymore... so I've been stuck with them since...
    Priscilla Lujan
    Los Angeles, CA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That really awful that she did that to you. I guess I should also get address from now on lol. Guess you learned your lesson right lol
    Hawaiigrammi

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

The heat and bond should be enough. Treat it as you would any other applique.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy,
    I didn't answer your question....sorry....but the answer is I don't think you could use the Heat "n" Bond and Stabilizer together....I think that if you cut the clothes in half ( if they were overalls ) you could put Heat "N" Bond on them.....otherwise, I really don't know what to tell you.
    Hope someone else has the answer for you here.

Honestly I would tell her to contact the person that does the Memory Quilts on Etsy.com to see what they say, unless you really want to help this gal out and do it for her.

Have a good day....

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"