Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Hearts Are Broken...

Yesterday we had to say our final words of love and give our last hugs to our Little Olive. I took her to the vet yesterday morning because she refused food and water. X-rays showed the cancer had taken over and her urethra was almost sealed off. After Jeff got home from work we went back to the vet and she was euthanized . She was snuggled up in my arms when she left and she was very peaceful.

Dottie got to spend a little time with Olive after she had passed. It was very emotional for her and heartbreaking to feel her pain and loss.

To everyone who have been praying for our Olive, thank you. When she was diagnosed in December with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary tract and then in January with Lymphoma she was given a maximum of 3 weeks to 3 months to live. She far surpassed their prognosis and had quality time until the last few days. She was a scottie we will never forget or quit loving.

Barb, Jeff & Dottie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Our Hearts Are Broken...

Barb and family, So sorry to hear this. I know your heart is breaking. We've had to do this several times since we got married 40+ yrs ago. I never had pets when I was growing up so I had been sheltered from the joy and pain of owning a dog/cat. May your fond memories sustain you. May you feel surrounded by love.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Barb! Our hearts are broken for your loss! You are such fabulous pet parents, giving your beloved Scotties the comfort and care every pet deserves. And you knew when it was time to say goodbye. And your held your baby as she left to cross the Rainbow Bridge. She gave you her love and comfort all her life, and you held her and gave her comfort as she took her last breaths. It is difficult, but a fitting tribute for our beloved companions. I will be thinking of you and Jeff and Dottie a lot, especially when I look at the beautiful LOVE embroidered banner I have hanging in my living room that you made for me. You show love in so many ways, my dear friend.

4. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this. Olive knew she was very much loved and gave that love back to you. She is now free from her cancers and is waiting on the other side for her beloved family
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry for your pain.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh what a sad day for you! I pray for you to have happy memories of this wonderful fffriend you have cared for

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Buddy:-(. They give us so much love and devotion. I'm glad someone she loved was with her when she passed. I believe they still watch over us from the Rainbow Bridge.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I share your sorrow. Your love for each other was so strong.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear this, Barb. I will continue to pray for you, Jeff, and Dottie as you go through this valley. It is so difficult to lose a pet. {{Hugs}}
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Goos bye to sweet Olive, you have brought love and pleasure to Barb, Jeff, Dottie and all of M* forum members.