Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: double or nothing

Thanks everyone, 100 percent of you agreed with me. I am going to print off this and mail it to her. I thought i was right but you guys gave me the courage to do something about it. I wil let you know what happens, I want to thank you ladies for your input.

Thanks everyone, Barb

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the others. The owner should have given you the lower price marked on the layer cake and maybe the reg price on the other. You could tell her that by not honoring the price listed she not only lost the fabric you were also getting cut but a future customer who would have spent even more in her shop over time. Plus now people will see how she treats her customers. She may not be in busy long after people find out what she is like. I would tell her that she not only lost you as a customer but several others also because of the way she does business.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you all a update on THE QUILT BARN. I went into her shop and asked to speak with the owner and she came out with her son. She remembered who I was and thanked me for coming back in an giving her a chance to make it right. She said she did not know my name to be able to get ahold of me. She said recognized the material that i had picked up my quilt from a longarmer at her store. it was a king size quilt. She knew I was a good customer. She said she would sell me the material that I had picked out and still had on her desk for the amount that it was priced. She would take the loss and thanked me for pointing out the GOOD PRICE otherwise she would not have know and lost alot of money. I choose to wait on the material, as I had already ordered my material on-line. I told her I was going to think about it and I would get back to her next week after speaking with my husband. Again she thanked me and shook my hand and I left.

I am happy for the resolve, I hate confrontation I wont give her alot of business. I will go back to on-line shopping and go in there if i really need something fast. EMERGENCY QUILTING haha. But i do think I taught her a lesson on customer service. Thanks to all of your suggestions and advice you gave me the courage to go back and demand good customer service.

thanks again Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I don't know you, but wanted to say "Way to go Girl" We will all be proud of you. I think it was a valuable lesson for the both of you, It took courage for someone who doesn't like confrontation to go back and explain how you felt. Congratulations.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you went back. It was a lesson for her as to how to treat people. I am glad that she acknowledged that she was wrong in what she did. She lost out on your fabric sale and future sales as well. Next time maybe she will think of the reprecussions of not treating het loyal customers right the first time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, as a fellow shopper of that LQS, I thank you for standing up for yourself, and actually for all of their customers! I'm glad to hear that the owner was able to see things from the customer's point of view, and was willing to make things right with you. I haven't had a need to shop there for a few weeks, but I'm glad that I can still feel better about going there in the future.