• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Saturday Morning Hellos

I guess I'm early to the Forum today, so I'll start. I woke up to a beautiful sunrise--lots of reds & oranges. My alarm goes of every day at 5 a.m. Ugh. I never get a chance to sleep in.

Our heat wave is here! Our thermometer got up to 103 yest.! So thankful for that cooling! It's supposed to be hot for the next few days.

Our neighbors have a hound dog that barks at everything. Yest. it was at the chain link fence, standing on its back legs, looking up into our tree & barking. I thought maybe it saw a squirrel or something. I didn't see anything. It kept coming back to the fence & looking up & barking. I looked up in the tree again. Well, what should I see but a nest with a dove sitting on the nest. I was able to see her when I used the binoculars. That's the only thing I can think of why the dog would be so interested in our tree. We've had some house finches checking out the clematis vine on the front porch. They've built in there previous years.

I have a busy day planned: defrost the freezer, mix up my turkey patties, laundry, & more FMQ. I also need to give myself a hair cut. Gotta go & fix DH's breakfast & get on with my day.
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Saturday Morning Hellos

Mornin Joy and everyone else. I too was up early - 4 am. DH worked today. I went to the local farmers market when they opened at 7, there were a lot of people already there, so I had to squeeze in and get what I wanted. Got some great stuff. Love the farmers market.
    Pour last night and it's to get hotter and hotter through Tuesday. Today high of 89 and continuing up through Tuesday to the mid 90's and high humidity. If it does what they say, we're going to break some records set back in 1955! So not looking forward to the humidity. But I'm thankful for the air.
    Hope everyone enjoys the day and you're able to do what you love!

Comment

• grammaterry
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2015

A beautiful day proposed for today. Gotta get to work.hotel gusts last night so room needs changed and cleaned before I open the restaurant. I've been too tired to sew. Actually, I think it's the new room being so far from the house in the dark that I just can't motivate to when I get home. I used to just go in the spare room and sew for one block or so but now....
      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

• MayinJerset
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

grandmaterry. Are you anywhere near Chapel Hill? One of our granddaughters is relocating there end of the month, she has a new position as a post surgery nurse at Univ. of NC Medical Center.

Comment

• CraftyJnet
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2015

Good morning everyone! I haven't been around much; my brother has been staying with me during the week for the past six weeks or so. Every weekday I drive him into the city for radiation therapy for prostate cancer. Next week is his last week with me. I'm going to miss him. It's been super nice to get to know him as an adult (he is 15 years older than I am.) Hope all of my forum friends are well.

Jeannette

Comment

• redcaboose1717
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2011

Sounds like you are busy today JCY !
            I have been up since 1:30 am ....can't sleep, I am just going to stay up. I sewed for awhile on the new suit I am making for myself to wear to church. The suit ( 3 pc) will probably be done Monday-Tuesday so I can wear it next week. It's a linen suit. I finished making 6 sets of pillowcases for gifts through out the year, and I am looking at tutorials to find out what I can make using the newest Jelly Roll from RJR called Afternoon in the Attic / Pixie Strips. The Jelly Roll is GORGEOUS......light pastel colors. I have never been so in awe of a Jelly Roll before...( well, I take that back. I also went a little "nutty" over the "Fresh Lilacs" fabric line from Debbie Beaves.....I love that fabric line as well !
            Anyway, I need to continue to look at YouTube.com videos to find a pattern for a Jelly Roll ( 1Jelly Roll) to make a Twin Sized Quilt for my oldest Granddaughters B-day in Dec. I would like a pattern that will go will with the fabric. I am considering adding Sashing and corner stones, but if I can't find a tutorial for the Sashing /Corner Stones & the Jelly Roll, I might have to either order another Jelly Roll or another cut of that gorgeous fabric !

I cleaned the fridge today, cleaned the spice cabinet and emptied and washed all the Rubbermaid containers I have with sugar,flower etc in them. That took me some time as I am also re-papering the shelves in each cupboard I clean as well.

Have a nice Saturday night everyone !
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Mary Lynn
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2015

I have been extremely busy lately so not much sewing. Got 1 hour at machine this morning & it felt so good! We listed our house for sale, so I have to keep sewing room tidy all the time which I find hard to do.
              Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

• cv quilter
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

Joy, we have dogs in the area that just seem to bark, looking up, and there seems to be a correlation to the full moon. Not sure this is it, but it's happened MORE than once. Since we are in the throws of the full moon cycle, maybe that's it, and maybe next night or so will end that. We are in a rural area, but the sound carries far into the night here, and the neighbors' dogs are especially active during the full moon cycle. Wishing you all a peaceful night tonight. This coming week is to be low 100s and lots of wind. We need rain, LOTS of it. Wild fires beginning to hit locally and our son who is BC with Prescott FD is seeing more calls for fire. We are in an area of large forest areas and it's frightening to think of the danger of wildfires. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week and I wish you all a good Monday and wonderful things for the week to come.
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                X