Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New to MSQC Community Forum

Thanks, Bubba. I am curious about your mention of "keeping the cottonwood away". That's a good thing?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Alice and welcome to the forum from So. Calif.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, jjkaiser. I was born and raised in Louisiana; also lived several years in Florida, but returned home to Louisiana after a divorce from first husband. Second marriage is much better and going on 33 years in August. Now retired and needing a pasttime.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this wonderful forum where you will learn very interesting things because there are people so kind to help you with all your problems, do not hesitate to ask

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Alice and welcome to the forum from Michigan. This is a great place with such wonderful and helpful people. Hope you enjoy it here!
    Attachment 143721

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Colorado--the region of the Rocky Mountains. I hope you like it here. I've learned a lot since I joined. Remember, there are no stupid questions, so don't be afraid to ask.

Cottonwoods! They're a nuisance here, too. This is the time of the year when they release the "cotton", which drifts everywhere. It clogs up A/C units, sticks to the house screens, drifts into the garage, collects in the street gutters & in the lawn, contributes to people's allergies, & generally is bothersome. We planted 2 trees in our front yard when we moved here, because people said they grew fast; we wanted shade. Yes, they grew fast. The roots came up in the lawn. We took them down. Supposedly the cottonwood tree in our garden (planted by the original owner) was cottonless. Not! As soon as it started putting out cotton, we took it down.

Anyway, enjoy your new hobby. Be sure to watch Jenny's new tutorials every Friday. There are literally hundreds on YT, too.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from New Jersey! Don't be afraid to ask any questions and post pictures! Great group on this forum of caring, loving, and encouraging folks!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Alice. What part of LA are you from? I grew up in Laplace, and moved to Texas almost 40 years ago. Wow, didn't realize it's been that long until I just figured it out. This is a great place to learn and share with each other.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, KarenC. Happy to see there are some southerners in this Forum. It seems most are from North and Mid-West and West Coast. I was born/raised in Baton Rouge; lived in New Orleans a few years in early '70s. Worked at Charity Hospital and moved over to LSU Med School for a year or so before going to Florida. Now live in Zachary, a small town north of Baton Rouge. I have a friend (been out of contact with here for a good while though) who lived in Spring, TX, but I believe she has moved from there. Her name is Jackie Glass, married to Rick, and she is so creative - quilts, ceramics, art, any other craft she can get into. I need to try to get back in touch with her. I believe she would be a great source of information. Thank you for your welcome. Hope to be able to keep in touch.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, JCY. Now I understand about the Cottonwoods. There are still some cotton growers in LA, and I was ignorant about a "cottonwood tree" and having never heard of the cotton being a nuisance. Like I said before, this forum is a great source of information!