Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Night Owls - How did your day go?

I hear you girlfriend. Yesterday was like yours only we didn't have to travel as much. DH has a wound under his heal and primary and podiatrist docs referred him to wound center where they put a cast from his toes up to his knee to help a quick healing. Problem with casts is that they were too tight and hurt him as well as cutting off the circulation in his foot. Went to center yesterday because his foot feels fine but walking with the cast has caused extreme pain from his ankle to his hip, even without the cast as the pain is bad. When he asked for some relief the wound center RN said we don't treat that here you will have to see an orthopedist.

Good luck finding someone who will address your problem.

2. Thanks Judy, USMC thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your appointment. We travel that far to DRs appointments often. Sounds very much like a mass called Desmoid. Is that what they called it? Desmoid is not very common, very hard to treat, and never heard of by lots of people. If it is Desmoid, I believe from my research that removing it is not a good option

4. Thanks Judy, USMC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to pop back and say thanks for all the well wishes. And I'm so happy to hear life is going well for some and can truly sympathize with those of you having problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by fatquarters View Post
    Sorry to hear about your appointment. ,,, Sounds very much like a mass called Desmoid. Is that what they called it?
    The MRI I had before the appointment came back as "Normal." So any/all types of tumors have been ruled out. Sent you a pm.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

You need to tell your primary Dr the following info. and you need a referral that meets these requirements;
    If you are diagnosed tumor it is recommended that you be evaluated in a major, academic hospital with experts in sarcoma. These hospitals are usually designated as NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) centers. Patients with desmoid tumors should be evaluated by a multi-disciplinary team of surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, geneticists and nurses. There is no cure for desmoid tumors and when possible patients are encouraged to enlist in clinical trials.