Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harry Potter Fans - Look at Todays Daily Deal!

I bought the fat quarter bundle when it was the daily deal. Just noticed today that it's on special again but as a layer cake. I really like the fat quarter bundle. Having fun making a couple of kids quilts out of it. So many solids that can go with it.

If you don't want to chop up the fabric too much, the large tumbler would be good. Sashed tumber even better. Or the double slice pattern.
    Vonnie

2. Thanks Wrenmuzz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Harry Potter Fans - Look at Todays Daily Deal!

I've been a member on the forum for awhile but went mia for awhile due to a busy work schedule but I log in routinely to check out the tutorials. I was online and added best press to my cart the other day since I was about out and I kind of liked the daily deal but didn't love it, however I added it to my cart anyways because I hate to just buy one thing and like to get the daily deal. I meant to go back online and place the order but got side tracked with work and missed it. The next morning I logged in and was soooo happy to see the Harry Potter daily deal!!! I was thrilled that I missed the deal the day before because I wasn't really into it.

I have some other HP fabric that I picked up in my FB fabric groups so I'll put this with it and hopefully come up with an idea to make something. My go to sewing time show is HP whenever I'm home alone and sewing....I have to have something on the TV playing and a lot of times it's the HP movies!
    Teresa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Harry Potter Fans - Look at Todays Daily Deal!

I'm finishing up a small child's quilt right now. I used the BQ3 pattern and used just 12 blocks. I used the fabric with faces on it for the large squares and the house fabrics for the corner squares. I used black and tan for the angled rectangle pieces. It's turning out real cute. I modified the blocks to take 9 inch squares for the large focus fabrics. It would be easy to modify it for 10 inch squares from a layer cake.

https://wp.mapleislandquilts.com/wp-...07/MIQ2331.jpg

My youngest is the reason we are all Harry Potter fans. It was difficult to get him to settle down to read when he was little. But the HP books he read cover to cover and before the next one came out, he would reread all the previous ones.
    Vonnie