Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Slow cooker/Crock pot recipes

Oh goodie. I bookmarked it and will give it a try :-) Thank you.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to hear what you think of it after you make it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237034/...bread-pudding/ I love bread pudding and the apples add a wonderful additional flavor.
    https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...4-0ff38725f762 I have not tried this one, but I bet I do tomorrow. Hot fudge sundae/brownie cake is one of my favorites in the oven and I bet it's delicious in the CP
    https://www.crockpoteasyrecipes.com/...ownie-pudding/ This recipe is almost identical to one I do in my oven. Oh my gosh, it is so satisfying and warms the tummy. On a cold day, with a little vanilla ice cream or home made whipped cream, you can't beat it. Our kids loved this when they were growing up. So did the big people in the home
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use it much, my husband loves my chicken cacciatore in the crockpot.
    Throw in some onions, garlic, mushrooms, chicken thighs or breasts, a big can
    of tomato sauce, some wine, cook half the day on low. Serve with pasta.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I make Mac and Cheese in crockpot: 1 1/2 cups macaroni (uncooked), 1 - 12 oz can evaporated milk, 1 1/2 c milk, I egg, beaten, 1/4 c melted butter, 1 tsp salt, and 2 1/2 c shredded Marble Jack or Colby cheese. Spray Pam in crockpot, mix above all together, Cook on Low 3 - 4 hours. about 6 servings.

Hash Brown Casserole, 1- 32 oz Hash Browns, 1 - 16 oz Cheez Whiz, 1 - 16 oz French Onion Dip. Stir altogether. Spray crockpot with Pam then pour all into crockpot. Low 4 - 5 hours

I also make No Crust Pumpkin Pie: 1/2c Bisquick, 3/4 c sugar, 1 TBL butter, 1-12 oz can evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 1 can pumpkin, 2 tsp vanilla and 2 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. Mix all together. Use Pam on inside of crockpot then pour above mixture in. Cook on Low for 3 hours. serve with whip cream.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've made this soup and it is delicious. DH even asked for it the other day. http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2017...tato-soup.html Hope you can find this site. This is the best and easiest potato soup I've made.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is the Apple Crisp that I make in the crockpot--This is the one that my family asks for when we go to the resort for fishing. Easy and makes the cabin smell so very good. https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/reci...?recipe=382517

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I make Swiss Steak when we are having company. Just brown cube steaks in a skillet, put in crock pot cover with 2 cups of water and one onion sliced thin. Cook on low for eight hours, take out steaks, add 3 pks of your favorite gravy, mix well, (You may need to add more water) place cube steaks back in for about 30 min. Serve with mashed potatoes, salad, your favorite veggie, makes a great meal.

I also make french onion soup in the crock pot.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Boneless pork chops covered with apple juice. When the chops are falling apart, drain the apple juice and add your favorite BBQ sauce for BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.
    Boneless pork chops, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, chopped onion, seasoning to taste. Cook until chops are just started to fall apart. YUM!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm enjoying the recipes that everyone is sharing. This isn't really a recipe but I've cooked potatoes in the crockpot instead of heating up the oven in the summertime. They turn out just fine. I just wrap the potatoes in foil and cook on low for 8 hours. My husband likes them with butter and sour cream. I like to dice them up and add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and Italian dressing. Personally I'm a big fan of apple cider vinegar so I add this too and go a tad bit heavy with it.