Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Word of the day---Cancer!

Yeah, just as I'm finally getting back on my feet recuperating from back surgery I go have my annual mammogram. Then & get the dreaded callback. Got to have a sonagram. Then it's suggested I get a biopsy.

Primary care doctor calls & he's gotten a callback from radiologist who says it's cancer in a lymph node. I've already been to the surgeon who sent me to an oncologist that explains chemo & surgery. She orders bone scan, CT scan & MRI to make sure the big C is confined to that lymph node. All of the scans are scheduled for next week AND THEN we go on vacation for a week! Go back to oncologist to go over scan results & set up chemo treatments.

I have to admit this came so completely out of left field I feel as if I'm having a bit of a "this can't be happening" feeling. Hubby is so on board with support & positive reinforcement I need.

I truly believe in the power of prayer & positive thinking. Please include me in your thoughts & prayers in the coming weeks.

Gina

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Midge, songbird857, Yanna, mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Word of the day---Cancer!

Gina...I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. Of course, I will pray for you daily.....(((HUGS))). It's wonderful that your DH is so supportive. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Gina, Sending Prayers and Hugs to you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Lifting you up in prayer.

Please everybody get your yearly mammogram and Pap smear. If you catch cancer early the survival rate is very high.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Applique Angel

St Joseph, Missouri - about 50 min from M*.
    Post Thanks / Like

Gina, I am sorry you have to go thru this. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad your DH is so supportive, and you are getting such positive energy from the wonderfully supportive quilters in this community! God bless you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina, I'll be praying for you too. I believe in the power of prayer, and I trust the Lord above all. So thankful it was discovered when it was and that your husband is standing at you side. Stay strong.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep you in my prayers. Great that your DH is supportive. Hopefully it is in early stage and you can kick that big "C" to the curb.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Gina....I am sorry to hear this news. I will keep you in my nightly prayers and in my thoughts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers being said for a complete and speedy healing.
    We are all here for you.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear this. Sounds like they caught it early, so that's good. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.