Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Friday day!!

Yes it is Friday. It is a work day for me today. I haven't decided yet what project I am taking with me today.

I cut most of the grass in the back yard yesterday before Les came back from cutting grass at his mom's and sister's. It just about did me in. I am so out of shape, it is sad. At least it got done. A long nap ensued after that. I didn't do much of anything else the rest of the day.

A storm came in last evening, it didn't last long but the skies sure rumbled for a long time. I have never heard that kind of rumble before. There was also a big wind. This has made it much cooler this morning. The house itself is still warm though.

So yes a work day and then on my way home there is a garage sale of a lady I knew. She was a quilter, so I am going to see what there is. I may find some treasures.

I am waiting patiently mail to arrive. A walking foot that is coming on the slow boat from China, a charm pack I won, and fabric I bought from one of our members here in the I don't want it group, all blue. WOOHOO is me.

I think Les is going to the camp for the weekend. YAHOO!! Weekend to myself, what shall I do? And it is a long weekend for us here.

So, have yourselves a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Friday day!!

Morning Everyone,

It's storming here so the Girls and I got up REAL early. They are settled in for their first nap of the day. The tornado sirens were going off all night.

Yesterday I took quite a fall in the kitchen on the tile floor. I was cleaning carpet and I guess some water had leaked onto the floor and when I walked through the kitchen I slipped and went flying. I landed on my left knee, my glasses went flying and that's all I remember. I'm surprised I didn't break my knee (just bruised) but my back and neck are sore similar to whiplash. My left elbow and right ankle are bruised also. Tylenol is taking care of the pain but boy do I feel old today.

I've been waiting for Wildwood Way to be a Daily Deal and today is the day....yay!

Jeff ended up not working a double shift yesterday because his helper couldn't stay, so he's doing it tonight. At least he won't have to work tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a great Friday....

3. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin all.
    Getting old is not the golden years I heard of when I was young! Sucks sometimes...and then at others it's the best!
    Rotten weather all over. We had terrific winds, many with no power,but were good.
    Monique, a nap sounds good and I'm sure helped with the rest of your day. Hope today is wonderful and your looooong weekend is fun.
    Barb, wow, kinda scary. So thankful you weren't hurt any worse. Hope you're not too sore for too long.
    Nothing special here. Been purging, feels good.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Attachment 143040
    Anita

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Happy Friday! It's been a busy week since our weekend away last weekend. We had a wonderful time up at the B&B we go to in Connecticut despite the fact that it was a rainy weekend. Work hasn't been real busy this week but the "after-work" hours have been spent planting and working in the yard. Things are planted and areas cleared out and ready for the next project. It's been nice, summery weather this week but with a bunch of wind a couple days. This weekend is supposed to be a whole lot cooler.

Monique, have a good day at work and enjoy your long weekend. Barb, ouch! Take care of yourself. Anita, happy purging. It sure does feel good doesn't it?

Have a fantastic Friday everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

7. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.

Monique, I finished mowing our yard & the neighbors yard yesterday. I would have finished the day before but my DH suggested going out for pizza when he got home from work. So...........it's pizza.......so the pizza won!

Barb.......sure hope the soreness goes away quickly. Thank you again for the cute little zipper bag. I love it. I'm bringing it to show my quilting group today.

Guess I better get moving. Going to sew for a while today.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another snowy day in Colorado ~

It rained/snowed all day yest. The high was early in the a.m., 42 deg., then it dropped to 35 in the afternoon. We were fortunate to get only 2-3", but towns around us got 5-8", & the foothills & mts. got hammered. The Ward - Jamestown area got 38"; Estes Park (gateway to Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park) got 31". Many areas got between 1-2 ft. The snow is to continue today until maybe 6 p.m. The National Guard was put on standby last night for snow rescues. They have some smaller snow cat looking vehicles (with tracks) that can be used to get where cars/trucks can't. Some of the secondary roads were drifted shut & people were stranded. Crazy weather for May, but it can happen. I heard the latest date on record for snow in this area is June 20. The snow was very wet & heavy with a very high water content.

I got no sewing done yest., but went out to 2 groc. stores for needed items. My morning project today will be to mix up a batch of turkey patties & freeze them. Hopefully I'll get some sewing done this afternoon. I hope everyone has a good week end.

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

JCY--I'm in your area and we have tremendous tree damage--a lot of branches down from accumulated snow. This morning it's mostly rain but the roads are slick from slush and fallen leaves.

13. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! We had plenty of rain last night but thankfully no severe storms. We were suppose to go on a field trip today but we decided not to go. It was Civil War Days in Lamoni, Iowa. The event is held out in a pasture. With all the rain that we have had and are suppose to get, it is sure to be muddy plus it is a little chilly today. I really didn't want to get the baby out in this weather and the only way to take him is to carry him is his carrier as there is no way that you could use a stroller in that field.

Barb, I hope the soreness goes away soon and am thankfully that you didn't break anything. One time I fell hard on my knees onto the stage in a play rehearsal. They stayed sore and were very sensitive for a long time.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

15. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick Good morning to all. Had Good News first thing this morning, DS#1 is home from the hospital! CAT scan and MRI showed no blockages, so glad he got stroke treatment so quickly as there are no aftereffects.

Barb, Hope your pains and aches are gone ASAP.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful news, May!!! God answers prayer!!

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post