Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - Week of May 15 to 21

Best wishes for everyone who is 'doctor-bound' this week! I have one of those appointments coming up later this month myself. (Yearly "poke, prod and squish" as my sister calls it. LOL)

This time of year, my yard calls me away from my stitching. I need extra hours in the day to keep up with everything and still have time for my crafting!

I got two of the corners done on my Lucy Boston Block for May, but I'm not really loving the fabric choices. I may re-work it.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up taking off the two corners and replacing them with darker fabrics. Much better.

Happy "hump day" to everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I surfed quilt stencils on the web yesterday and found some ideas I liked, so I traced them off the monitor onto freezer paper and have them ironed to the quilt top. I've been so darn proactive on this project that I'm just waiting for the backing fabric to arrive in the mail. Maybe I should go wind an extra bobbin... Sylvia's finishing group has really helped me get some things done this year. Now if I can just stay off eBay and quit buying extra work...

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Early morning medical tests so when I got home this afternoon I started piecing a rhombus baby quilt. First time using new 1/4" piecing foot on my Featherweight. Much more accurate than guiding by a piece of tape. Tomorrow scan is mid day so with travel time each way it seems the whole day is lost.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Working on Three Dudes quilt. I'm doing my own thing with 4 JR strips for larger blocks. Each block assembled is 10 !/2" and will finish at 10". So far, I have 26 blocks and will continue with another JR.

There sure are a LOT of seams to line up and since I sewed my finger, I'm trying to do this with 2 thumbs and 7 fingers! LOL, I feel like it's all thumbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dudes1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	143065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dudes2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	143066  

6. Thanks threadbndr, DeniseSm, Claire Hallman, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I love these threads - I wish I had more time to keep up with them every week - you are all so inspiring!

I've been working insane hours getting prepped to deliver some workshops about customer service; yesterday, our call center shut down for a day and we had workshops all morning then went to eat, drink & be merry & draw for prizes. It was a lot of hard work and fun for everyone but I was so tired by the time I got home I went to bed at 7:30 LOL

I finished a Secret Santa Swap project last week - it had been giving me fits because it was so fiddly, but I was really happy with how it turned out and I'm caught back up now, which was a relief! I'm mailing out my I Spy swap squares today, and 3 quilts that are sooooo late to flimy members for Xmas (!!!) and two birthdays. I have a baby quilt to bind today, but I'm having trouble with getting the label right - it was a request from a family friend for her first grand-niece, so I want it to look just right.

I've also got two friends with baby boys on the way, so I see a lot of blue in my future - they both said they are doing traditional nurseries. All the blue will balance out all the pinks in the last one I suppose! I'm thinking of getting an FQ bundle of blue solids in different shades and making a TON of triangles for two quilts since they don't know each other & that will probably be faster.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The free motion quilting is coming along well...I sewed hummingbird outlines last night and different flowers the days before that. Butterflies are next.

I didn't quite realize that you can hardly see the quilting at all on the busier prints that I've got...I also don't usually use my foot pedal to quilt but I need it in this case so I didn't know that I could set the speed to slow on the machine and no matter if I accidentally pressed too hard on the foot pedal, it would not race. I stand up to quilt with the machine up on a drafting table and keeping my balance at the same time as evenly pressing a foot pedal can be tricky.

I feel like I should add something to the little blank spaces but I don't know what. Maybe add little bees. lol Or snails? :P

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of snails, I finally managed to complete the next paper pieced block.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3493.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	143097

I need to make four more of the compass block in the center, then on to the the spinning star block.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Denise, I didn't understand what you meant at first and I was looking for a snail-pattern quilt block!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tee hee, You were referring to snails in your post, and I am paper piecing at a snails pace. I have been paper piecing for two and half weeks at roughly 30 hours a week and only have 13 blocks done. I keep coming up with new and imaginative ways to do it wrong. They don't even look like hard blocks! Oh well, back to sewing machine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3496.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	143105
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.