Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's finally Friday

Good morning. Eyes are doing so much better. They have started drying up, no more runny eyes.

So yesterday I NEVER got into the sewing room at all. I was like a squirrel. Did a little of this and a little of that. I made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce, so that is done.

Today I am off to the quilt show in Ottawa. Going to get one tire checked before I go. I am so excited. Hubby thought maybe he would come with me tomorrow but today has decided not to. Thank goodness, as he would find an excuse to not go tomorrow and I would be crushed.

Oh Phil has safely landed wherever he is and it is very hot there. That's about all I know. He could tell me but then he would have to shoot me (I keep telling him it is a top secret trip).

So have a great day everyone and a wonderful weekend to boot.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's finally Friday

Monique, so happy your eyes are better and that you have a show to go to! Enjoy!!
    My boys are taking me out for breakfast this am for Mother's Day. The place we want to go to isn't open sundays and my dh and I tried on a Saturday once and there was a line into the parking lot and out the restaurant! So must be good. I'm sooooo excited!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there...have a wonderful weekend!

Attachment 142839

4. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Glad you'r eyes are feeling better, Monique. Have a great time at the quilt show.
    Anita, enjoy your breakfast with your sons. Hope you enjoy the new restaurant. Of course, everything will taste sweeter when you're with your guys!

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day weekend!
    Cindy

6. Thanks Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I'm so glad your eyes are better, just in time to go see some beautiful quilts. Anita, enjoy breakfast with your sons. It doesn't matter what day of the week it is, just being with your boys is the perfect gift.

I purchased my own Mother's Day gifts this week. This morning I got myself 3 of the daily deal gift certificates from Missouri Star and yesterday I purchased a large certificate from Fat Quarter Shop. I'm set for quite awhile!!

It's a busy weekend for us. I'm getting a pedicure with my daughter this afternoon and going to a birthday party tonight. Tomorrow is a baby shower and Mother's Day celebration with my husband's family. Sunday starts with 7:30 Mass and breakfast with my kids and my mom. In the afternoon I am going to St. Louis with my mom, daughter, my two sisters and their two daughters. We are going to see Dirty Dancing at the Fox Theatre and I can hardly wait. I'm a huge fan of the movie, and there's nothing better than a girls day out.

Have a great weekend!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

8. Thanks sewbizzy, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

Monique, I'm glad to hear that your eyes are better. That's a real nuisance that you don't need.

Anita, enjoy your time out with your sons. I wish my family nearby. Even living in the same time zone would be nice.

Robin, talk about having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend....enjoy it all.

Make sure to look at Juliet's post and the gorgeous quilt shop she found in Italy. I would love to shop there.

Yesterday Olive began vomiting and she's lethargic and not feeling well . I'm not sure what this will lead to. l I have Reglan for the vomiting but if she refuses food and water we may be at the end.

Wishing everyone a good Friday and a blessed weekend.

10. Thanks sewbizzy, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Morning Everyone,

Monique, I'm glad to hear that your eyes are better. That's a real nuisance that you don't need.

Anita, enjoy your time out with your sons. I wish my family nearby. Even living in the same time zone would be nice.

Robin, talk about having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend....enjoy it all.

Make sure to look at Juliet's post and the gorgeous quilt shop she found in Italy. I would love to shop there.

Yesterday Olive began vomiting and she's lethargic and not feeling well . I'm not sure what this will lead to. l I have Reglan for the vomiting but if she refuses food and water we may be at the end.

Wishing everyone a good Friday and a blessed weekend.
    Oh I hope not!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Barb, I'm so sorry to hear Olive isn't doing well. Please keep us posted, I feel like we all know and love her.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I'm so sorry Olive isn't doing well today. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like everyone is set for a good weekend. My prayers will be with you, Barb. I hope all goes well with Olive.

I'm having a quiet weekend. DD in IL is spending the weekend with her son and 2 grandsons. He is going through a bitter divorce and has the boys on Saturday overnight. They're 2 and 3. DS#1 is in Oregon celebrating anniversary with DDIL. They need the rest after a long renovation of their kitchen. DS#2 is sick with a cold, and we told them thanks but no thanks on dinner!

DH is having shoulder surgery on Thursday, so I'm sure he will stay busy the next few days. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm supposed to keep him full of pain killers. Should be interesting. I might even get some sewing done.

I'm off to clean out kitchen cabinets. Polished the silver yesterday. I have one load of glassware for the dishwasher, but the crystal has to be washed by hand. It was my aunt's and is beautiful, delicate, and antique!
    Last edited by Navy Wife; May 12th, 2017 at 11:04 AM.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I am so sorry to hear little Olive is not doing well. I just hate hearing she is feeling so awful. I agree with what has already been said. We all feel like we know her and love both Olive and Dottie just from reading your posts. I will keep you and Jeff and both your fur babies in my prayers.