Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 10 degree triangle ruler and quilt

Wow... some beautiful quilts. Thank you for the link. I do love the butterfly pattern. 3 years ago I would never have ever attempted using wedge pieces... but have learned to say "Hey whats the worse that can happen?" I end up cutting some squares or rectangles out of the blocks and have a pretty scrappy quilt. And I have done that before too!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 10 degree triangle ruler and quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60CV72uAaE
    at about 9 min into the tutorial she shows the finished block. I did manage to download the 7-inch paper template at her site and made a sample.

Wondering if there are any other quilt patterns that need a 10 degree triangle ruler, is it worth it to invest in the long version one that she uses. I like the different visual by the different placement of the blocks that she shows at the end.
    A longer ruler makes it easier to cut accurately for very large wedges, but you can always pair 2 rulers butted up against one another and cut big wedges. And the accurate seam is the critical part, so if you don't mind tedious cutting with paper templates, focus on getting the seam right. For an economical choice for a 10 degree wedge I purchased the Darlene Zimmerman Dresden by EZ Quilting. It cuts up to 71/2" I think and is a 10 degree wedge. M* carries it, but don't remember where I got mine. Should be under $10. Now that I have started with wedges I like them so much it's definitely been worth it.