Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pillowcase with a pocket

Not necessarily a new method, but thought some of you might like to see it. Pretty! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh748C-pcgM
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir

2. Thanks Quantum Leap, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pillowcase with a pocket

How funny, I just watched this this am - great idea. I've made them before, but not with the pocket. Looks easy but pretty.
    Anita .....

"May you find peace while you piece" - Eleanor Burns

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I just love this method. So clever and I love the way it hides the end of the pillow. I am definitely making some of these! Thanks for posting!

5. Thanks Quantum Leap thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried this version yet, love watching Laura's videos and see some of these pillow cases in my future.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I think this will be great for the grandkids pillows, seems like their pillows are always coming out of the cases!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Laura is one of my favorite people to watch. I've been thinking of making the bag she made for her featherweight case.

9. Thanks Granny Fran thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thanks for the tip! I just watched her tutorial for the bag for the featherweight. I like her method and will use it, but I will add straps for the cover itself. These old cases can be a bit risky sometimes so I'd rather use an external handle for double safety. With the way she make the cover, it will be easy to add external handles. So...guess what I am going to do today!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ucDCkIqju4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandabear View Post
    Laura is one of my favorite people to watch. I've been thinking of making the bag she made for her featherweight case.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Her Featherweight cover/case looks great. I watched the pillowcase tutorial a few days ago and want to make one soon. It's a bit counter intuitive after making hundreds of pillowcases the other way so I will have to watch the tut again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MHG Winnower View Post
    Hey, thanks for the tip! I just watched her tutorial for the bag for the featherweight. I like her method and will use it, but I will add straps for the cover itself. These old cases can be a bit risky sometimes so I'd rather use an external handle for double safety. With the way she make the cover, it will be easy to add external handles. So...guess what I am going to do today!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ucDCkIqju4
    That is an excellent idea.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

So, really, if I wanted to, I could make the hot dog pillowcase longer and tuck the end in at the bottom the way she did on this pillowcase to fit a smaller pillow. I think her method makes a pretty pillowcase but I'm not sure I'd want to go to the extra effort just for that flap. I do have a goal of making a whole bunch of pillowcases this summer so It's always good to have extra ideas. Thanks!