• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CornEQuilts
    Honey Bun
    • Nov 2011

Re: New? Read me first

Couldn't sleep so I was reading through the topics. Some brought tears to my eyes and quite a few brought laughter. I love how you motivate and encourage each other, so here I am! I quilt for many reasons, my biggest being my kids think a quilt is a hug from home, no matter where they are in the world they feel at home when cuddled under a quilt moma made. I am blessed.

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

Hi and welcome from Canada. There is more to this group than just quilting that's for sure. Glad you have joined us. Come and join in our daily chats and get to know us as we get to know you. Where are you from?
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• sew4fun
        Shiny Thimble
        • Nov 2011

Hello, I made my first visit to MSQC just this week and was so glad to see that it is so close to my home. I know that I will be making many trips to visit. I loved your shop and it was so much fun having you Jenny show me around! Love Love Love your tutorials.

Comment

• Nena
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2011

Hello everyone!!!
          I am happy to be a part of this awesome online group!!! I just want to introduce myself-I am a mother of 5, I am an RN, and I am a crazy in love with quilting quilter!!! I have been quilting for about 3 years now. Most of it is self taught. I found this site by watching You tube one saturday morning and was so struck by the girls here at Missouri Star quilt company. I have watched all of their videos and was a mad women surfing the net for some of their fabric choices that they used on their videos. I recently made the little turkey--I have the supplies to make the big one-but have not started it yet. I recently joined a quild near my home. I love it--they are such a nice group of ladies. They have shared some really good tips with me also. Because of my quild--I was able to meet and take a class with Edyta Sitar. That was so great!!!!
          I am such a material girl!!!!!:icon_wave: Nena

Comment

• Dar82453
            Shiny Thimble
            • Nov 2011

My friends at our local quilt club told me about your site....I love it! Great tutorials. My first question is simple...I think. I watched the tutorial on how to make a tea towel apron....what are the measurements of the tea towel. I have lots of tea towels...but they are in all different sizes. Thanks for your help. Life is good........Darlene

Comment

• bluenanamary
              Fabric Fanatic
              • Nov 2011

Hi My name is Mary and I found the site by watching U-tube and just love the viedos. I love to sew and quilt and have already learned some new tricks in just a few days. Married 43 yrs. Mother to 4 grown children and grandma to 10. I'm a retired nurse and now have time to do all the projects. My kids and grands like the quilts they get each yr for Christmas.Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Comment

• mammaw
                Shiny Thimble
                • Nov 2011

Hi everyone.Ijust joined today.What a wonderful site.I truely love to make quilts and can be found woking on one almost every day as I have a large family and can think of no better way at 75 years of age to leave wonderful memories and all my quilts are hand made quilts, as I love to hand sew .Would enjoy hearing from any happy quilters.

Comment

• lilmouse
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2011

Hi Everyone,
                  My name is Susie; otherwise known as Lilmouse....joined the community several months ago and didn't know how to introduce myself
                  I have taken Jennie's first course on Quilting Tips and loved it...have been quilting for about 10 years and still learned alot...love this site and all the tutorials.

Comment

• Moira Ullberg
                    Shiny Thimble
                    • Dec 2011

Hello everyone My name is Moira think boy-ra and then say Moira

I've been sewing off and on since high school 20+ years
                    I started making simple baby blankets about 3 years ago as gifts for students at the dental school I work at and have enjoyed it so much that I've started to branch out and do more challenging projects

I found MSQ through Facebook I love the daily deals!! I just signed up for Jennies QQI love it!!
                    I just finished a brick-wall quilt http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=12c0442bf3 that I used Jennies strip quilting technique on and the binding tutorial gotta say that is the best lesson on how to sew on a binding for the first time ever my corners came out perfect, thank you so much Jeannie

I've just started a dispersing 9 patch and have a Jacobs ladder planned next at last count I've got 9 projects in the que I cant wait to try out some more of the great tips and tutorials

Comment

• Midaem
                      4 Patch Pro
                      • Dec 2011

Hi,
                      I am Joan from Orland Park, Illinois which is a southern suburb of Chicago. I've been quilting for three months and I just love it. I was an avid cross stitcher before discovering quilting. I have made many of the quilts that Jenny has shown on her tutorials, and I find them to be among the most fun I've ever had. This is the first forum I've ever posted to, and I hope to do more. I love to see the quilts posted here and follow much of the valuable advice offed by fellow quilters.

Comment

• PAQuilter
                        Binding Belle
                        • Dec 2011

Hi Folks,
                        I'm new to the Forums, but not the website. I first found MSQC on YouTube when I watched Jenny sew binding on a placemat. Then I found another video that was very helpful, thinking that I'd hit a literal quilting goldmine, I went to the website and have been in awe eversince. I'm new to quilting, but have done some sewing in the past (nothing serious, mainly simple kitchen curtains and some mending). These forums have loads of great information for newbies like me, so thanks in advance for all the info girls and Thank You MSQC for being here for all of us!!
                        A fat quarter is NOT a body part!! :D

~Karen in PA~

Comment

• Vtdrdiva
                          Shiny Thimble
                          • Dec 2011

Hi everyone,
                          I am a novice quilter and newly joined the forum. I am excited to learn more about quilting and sewing. I have watch YouTube videos from MSQC also. I look forward to making some beautiful items with the knowledge I gain here. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for allowing me to learn from you.

Comment

• kathy0303
                            Shiny Thimble
                            • Dec 2011

Hi all! My name is Kathy and I live in the beautiful state of Michigan. I have been a novice sewer for a few years now but have never really tackled quilting other than panels. I am just starting my first patch work quilt and am nervous and excited. I decided to go with a rag quilt for my hubby. I figured this way, if it doesn't turn out, it's just for my living room, so who cares! LOL. Thanks for the wonderful site and all the amazing videos you offer.
                            Kathy

Comment

• Monique
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2011

Welcome to you both from Canada. Glad you have joined us.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• duster802
                                Prairie Pointer
                                • Dec 2011

Diane
                                Hi and you will love quilting so go for it. I have only been quilting mostly piecing but I truly love it. Jenny has some great tutorials that I finally made a Dresden plate after 4 years, it was so easy after watching her video. I hope you enjoy the new journey of quilting. I have met some fantastic people through my guild & just going to some quilting shows. Have a Merry Christmas. Kendra
                                I am gonna be a quilter when I grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X