Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default New? Read me first :)

Welcome to the Missouri Star Quilt Company Community Forum (we should definitely turn that into an acronym)

Enjoy your stay, if your new, toss up a new topic and let us know who you are, we'll love to make a new friend.

Also, in regards to email, i've been working on getting emails from the site to go to your inbox and not flagged as spam, but for the time being, add support@missouriquiltco.com to your safe senders list and you should be all set.

Enjoy,

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New? Read me first :)

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Welcome to the Missouri Star Quilt Company Community Forum (we should definitely turn that into an acronym)

Enjoy your stay, if your new, toss up a new topic and let us know who you are, we'll love to make a new friend.

Also, in regards to email, i've been working on getting emails from the site to go to your inbox and not flagged as spam, but for the time being, add support@missouriquiltco.com to your safe senders list and you should be all set.

Enjoy,
    Hi Everyone! My name is Janie, I'm celebrating my 1st year quilting anniversary this month
    My husband, Stephen and my kids want every quilt I make. I enjoy MQC tutorials, I just made a disappearing 9 patch. It was lovely.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New? Read me first :)

Hi Jainie, welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here, there are lots of friendly if slightly ladies here, just how I like it.

I have done many disappearing 9 patch quilts, the design possibilities are endless, it's a great quilt pattern. The person who first thought it up needs an award of some sort, a priceless person for sure.

Have fun browsing the threads.

Lynn
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: New? Read me first :)

Thanks for all of the welcomes!! It really makes a quilter happy! I'm here is snowy Colorado and just enjoying this amazing quilt sight. Thanks, E's Grandma

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New? READ ME FIRST:)

Hi MSQCFF. I'm Plix. A hard working little elf trying to get everything done before Christmas. YIKES! It's already December! Wish me luck. I'm betting there's lotsa little overworked elves out there. Hi to all.
    elf motto: whether you believe you can or you can't; you're right!
    Last edited by plix; December 1st, 2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: oops!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New? Read me first :)

Hi my name is Cheryl and since Christmas I am new to the blogging and forum communities . I live in Western Australia, have been married for 35 years and have a gorgeous son, beautiful daughter, 2 big dogs, 1 old cat and 1 'toddler' kangaroo.
    I started patchworking nearly 18 years ago and have still not finished that very first quilt! I then took up other pursuits such as Scouts, but about 4 years ago joined a lovely group of ladies at the Girl's Shed (http://girlsshed.blogspot.com/) where we meet every Tuesday night and they are a fantastic source of friendship, information and encouragement.
    I love patchworking and reading, hence the name of my blog http://quiltnread.blogspot.com/ , although I must say I seem to obsess about 1 thing at a time and right now it is sewing, so I haven't done much reading lately.
    Since Christmas I have joined a number of swap groups and so have experienced a number of 'firsts' such as mug rugs, fabric postcards, log cabin blocks and as I have already said, quilting forums.
    I agree with Debs from New Zealand that those of you in America and Canada would be amazed at the prices of fabrics and notions over here, but that it doesn't stop us!
    I look forward to becoming a regular part of this forum. Cheers from Downunder.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I am new to the forum and fairly new to quilting as well. I used to sew and have a large stash of fabric. I thought that I would learn to quilt to pare down my fabric stash, but instead quilting has given me new reasons to buy fabrics!http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/ima...on_biggrin.gif
    So far I have made 2 quilt tops one king size and one crib size. I am hooked! My next quilt is what I think about when I can't sleep or when I am traveling.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaryA View Post
    Hi! My next quilt is what I think about when I can't sleep or when I am traveling.
    Oh, Mary, my ears are standing straight up, just waiting to hear what you have up your sleeve. If it is what I dream of doing some day . . . no telling. Maybe we need to secretly collaborate on this project.

WELCOME!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I am a "want to be" quilter. I want to make a quilt for my daughter that she can pass along to her's someday. I just recently saw the Paper Dolls fabric and have been obsessing over it ever since. Of course, I am a little behind, since it came out several years ago, but still want to find a way to use it. I think I have found the place to learn how to do it here.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wantaquilt - welcome to the best learning place around. Find the you-tube tutorials from Missouri Star Quilt Company and find all you need to know.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."