Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New? Read me first :)

Hi,
    My name is Cheryl. I'm from Wisconsin and I'm a quilter wannabe. I've seen a lot of your great videos on youtube and want to give quilting a try. You make quilting look so easy. I'm going to try the attic window quilt with the deer panel and was wondering how wide the black sashing is. Thanks for letting me join and any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Cheryl

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Cheryl and welcome. I just finished the deer quilt... haven't posted a picture yet but I was forewarned and forgot about it on the cutting. If you follow Jenny's measurements (which I did).. the big deer's left ear will be way out there. The disjointed antlers do not bother me, but the ear does look a little misconfigured with the length and all. Since the person I am making it for is a lefty and his name is Van, I have named the quilt Lefty Van Gough. I think I put my outside borders on with a different width than Jenny...So not sure what you are asking when saying back sashing? I loved the way it turned out ! You should post the question in "quilting questions" and sure someone more experienced than me will help you.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite. You're going to love it here and warning you about the DD, it's addicting. My buying has slowed down a bit since I first started with M* which is good because I would have had to come out of retirement and go find a job if it continued. I love reading everyone's posts and learned a lot from the experts. They are so generous with their knowledge and it amazes me how fast they come up with a solution and advise. So enjoy and looking forward to hearing more about you. Maybe we are neighbors?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Cheryl and welcome to the forum from Michigan. This is a great place to learn, grow, have some fun. Warning....fabric is an addiction and quilting is too....but oh sooo much fun! Enjoy your journey!
    Anita

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone and thank you for the Welcome. I am a newbie to quilting and I am just finding out how to learn without anyone teaching me and I am the first in my family and without Jenny whom is the only encouragement because when I make a block and it turns out not as it had intended, I remember what she says. Thank you all at MSQ for making quilting fun.