Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New? Read me first :)

Hello ,my name is Gidget and I'm new at quilting but sewed all my life can't wait to make my first project witch is going to be a purse.
    Wish me luck

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all; I've been a member for awhile but never took the time to introduce myself. I have been married 25 yrs, we have 3 children. Love the mountains here in upper east TN. I have watched most of the elders in family sew, it was just natural for me. So I started sewing simple items when I was carrying twins! And my skills have slowly evolved.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ladies!

I'm Karen. I live in Florida now, but grew up in Kirkwood, MO. I need to get back to Missouri and find y'all in person--love Jenny's tutorials! Thank you for taking the time and effort to give us lessons for free; I'm grateful.

I have raised my 6 kids and they have give me 10 grandkids so far. I am winning a battle with cancer (multiple myeloma), and am super-happily-married to a guy who lets me stay home and quilt, lol. Life is good!

Glad I found your website,

kcflorida

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum nayzie and kcflorida!

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

hello ladies..
    ter here from illinois
    been hunting around for a new retreat and see that possibly there is one for the forum
    at jennys place...
    would like to know more info... thank you
    i retreat thru the year.. with our guild , on cruises, and anywhere there is an invite to join..
    always looking for a new place to travel too...
    have a great day...

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. My name is Elaine and I live in Hamilton, Ontario. I have quilted for some time, and I learned many years ago when I took classes in another city. In the last few years, I have really got back into sewing which is great. I find it relaxes me and calms me, and although I am not a very patient person.....I have all the patience in the world when I'm sewing! LOL
    I am the mother of 2 kids and the Nana of 2 wonderful boys. They really are my reason for getting back into quilting. Making them a quilt to have for many, many years is a great gift for them to enjoy.
    When I'm away from my machine, I love to read a good book, cook or bake something delicious. Baking is another passion of mine that I really enjoy doing, as my waistline can attest to.
    I look forward to reading these forums and hopefully having a few laughs and learning some new tricks....and getting some inspiration to try something new!
    Elaine

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lisa, my name is Faye and I live in Kc as well. A friend and I went to MSQC about 2 weeks ago. I am always looking for new quilting friends. I would really love to go to a retreat as I have never been to one yet! I bet you had a great time.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new at quilting and this Forum! I hope to learn a lot from others, and making new friends is always a bonus.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to thank everyone at MSQC for inspiring me to begin quilting. I've always wanted to sew, had a machine for years, but I've never been very good at it. I stumbled on one of Jenny's tutorials, which led to another, and another, and before I knew it, I was sucked in. I'm already halfway through my first quilt, (I got a jelly roll for Christmas as a gift, and started with a jelly roll race quilt), and I couldn't be more excited.
    Thank you so much for having so many tutorials available to us. It means a lot that we can just pop online and learn all these techniques without having to pay for a subscription, and because you're willing to do that, I will be making sure to order most of my quilting needs from you! I've already subscribed to your magazine, an placed my first order.
    Thank you so much for introducing me, and so many others, to our love of quilting.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to the forum....mainly a lurker. I have just retired and am having to learn to manage my time as a retired person as well as I did when I worked! I live in Texas (am a native Texan) have a husband who is semi retired and 4 furbabies - cats. I have been quilting or attempting to since the late 1990's. I have way too much fabric and too many projects to finish in my lifetime! I was interested in the fall retreat but can seem to figure out how to sign up if there are still spots available. Have been to MSQC once and had a blast.
    Any help on the retreat sign up would be appreciated.
    Diana