• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toggpine
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2009

Re: New? Read me first

I don't remember how I found this place, surfing somewhere for something or other I am sure. I live in Washington, about 2 hours SW of Seattle. If I ever get back to MO and have control of the steering wheel, I'd love to come visit the shop! I have family in Tulsa, OK, so it's not an impossibility!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• stitchywoman
      The Guild President
      • Feb 2009

You can also upload pictures directly from your computer using the upload attachment link under the text area. After it's uploaded just position the cursor where you want the picture and click the "place inline" button next to the picture file you just uploaded.
      To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

• quiltingtrish
        Banned
        Missouri Star
        • Sep 2009

Hello! I live in PA and just found you recently. Don't know how much time I have to log in and see what everyone is up to, but am excited to search around the site and see.

Comment

• Quilt Vader
          Binding Belle
          • Jun 2009

Hi 'lives in PA' I live in So Cal .. I'd like to visit your neck of the woods sometime, I have friend who lves in Ligonier.. We are old friend who are now on-line (and on phone) quilting buddies She was in NW Washington at the time I taught her Quilting - by phone and computer - we had so much fun,, I got to visit her there - we made sure everything was 'ok' and then we hit the fabric shops NOW she probably gets done twice what I do AND she got her sister doing it! Quilting is like a disease - it spreads so easily - and no cure.
          Good that you found us here . we are unashamed in our sickness

PS.. we all love EYE CANDY - post pictures often
          If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

• Lis
            Shiny Thimble
            • Sep 2009

Hi I'm Lis in the UK, I'm a fairly new quilter but very, very addicted already. I love all the help on this great website, quilters are such amazingly generous people aren't they?

Comment

• Quilt Vader
              Binding Belle
              • Jun 2009

Wow Lis, we aren't exactly neighbors! but you will think we are before long and all those Missouri gals.. they will drag you right in it's a good place to find abit of chat, a lot of help, good ideas.. and if you haven't signed up yet for the Friday Freebie, get that done, and be sure to check daily for the daily deals.. I imagine the postage thing might be an issue!!!! oooops - but the deals are so good that might NOT be an isse,. We like pictures aroundhere... feel free to share all your eye candy - and f you need encouragement, there is lots of that here too.. welcome.. hope you enjoy your new friends.

Comment

• stitchywoman
                The Guild President
                • Feb 2009

Welcome welcome!!! Quilting is one of the few addictions we're all thrilled to have! Can't wait to chat!

Comment

• JackieMN
                  Shiny Thimble
                  • Sep 2009

Hello all of you. I just joined this a.m. Will feel my way around here. Just to let you know I will be a lurker for a short while. I am a quilter in MN, retired, 10 DGC. I am not on many forums, quiet but reliable. Love the store. JackieMN

Comment

• Quilt Vader
                    Binding Belle
                    • Jun 2009

Welcome Jackie.. there's lots to see, and everyone is friendly - you will find we all love 'show n tell'

Comment

• amrit24
                      Shiny Thimble
                      • Aug 2009

Hi everyone. My name is Amrit and I live in a very small bush town in Australia. I was introduced to quilting 5 years ago and i thought 'this is never gunna fit into my style of craft'.....well yes you guessed it...i love it. i
                      still consider myself a learner and i am constantly reading books to improve my knowledge. i can do with every bit of help i can get and i am willing to take advise. to tell you the truth i am scared of triangles and i havent even cut one as yet. they seem hard to me. any help for a silly learner.......????? my town is sooooooo small that i have to travel 200 kms to the nearest shop to get my fabric. thats why i like to buy from missouri star. great to be here and i hope someone finds this and wants to be my quilting buddie on line. im 45 years old with 5 grown up kids and 4 grandies. my husband is a doctor and my job is his personal assistant. my office is at home so i have plenty of time on my hands to quilt a little everyday. looking forward to finding friends. Take care and happy quilting . Amrit.

Comment

• Square Dancer
                        Fabric Fanatic
                        • Sep 2009

I live on a farm near Winigan,Missouri which is just a blink in the road in North Central Missouri. I made my first quilt about 5 years ago at Fiddle Camp. My husband and I taught square dancing in the evenings and they had a quilt class during the day while the campers were in fiddle lessons. We made a log cabin and I was immediately hooked! I just finished two baby quilts (they don't know the gender, so made one of each) and a table topper from the Sultry charm pack I got at MSQC using the tutorial from the Basket of Flowers. I love to stop in on the way to Kansas City to see our daughter. Will send some quilt pictures if I can get everything hooked up! Really enjoying this quilting community.

Debbie

Comment

• stitchywoman
                          The Guild President
                          • Feb 2009

Hello Ladies! We're getting quite spread out on here! I love it! It's so fun to here your quilting stories too! Hopefully even the most experienced of us are still learning that's why we love to talk it all out and brag on each others pictures! We're so glad you're here!

Comment

• Skeat
                            Shiny Thimble
                            • Sep 2009

HI! I'm Skeat from over by the KC side of life....OMG!! I did not know this shop was here!!This should not be good for the pocketsGlad I found you!! SKeat Who has been an addict in quilting for about 3+ yrs!!Yes, allllll of it!LOL

Comment

• shell.scraps
                              Missouri Star
                              • Mar 2009

Welcome to all our new arrivals!! Feel free to root around...make yourself comfy...check out a tutorial..pick up a daily deal....take a look at some of the great tips and projects that have been shared on the forums....
                              Michele

Comment

• nccasto
                                Shiny Thimble
                                • Sep 2009

Hi,
                                My name is Nancy, Just joined today and can't wait to get to shopping. Found this site on another fourm.
                                My grandmother and mother quilted and always wanted me to get into it. WELLLll you know how that is when your young. ( I'm now 65) Now that they are both gone and to late to share with them , I got into it. Now I know way that is all they talked about. Have been doing it for about 5 years . Own my own business ( Gift Shop) so I don't have as much time as I would like. I do love adding to my stash.. LOL
                                Ok, going to go check out the rest of the site.
                                Looking forward to hearing a lot of good stories and Ideas.
                                Quilters are the BEST people in the world!!

Comment

Working...
                                X