Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Smile New to the forum

Hi Everyone,
    I'll apologize up front for my long windiness!

I am excited to be part of this forum. I have been a seamstress for most of my early married years. Sewing the kids clothing. Putting the backing together for a hand tied or hand quilted quilts. My sewing buddy was killed in an auto accident about 16 years ago. At that time I gave everything away. Sewing machine, patterns, material, everything. It was just to painful to think of sewing any longer.

Then about 16 months ago, my daughter begged me to take quilting class with her. I refused several times. I believed all the pieces were cut out and completed by hand. My daughter was persistent. She finally sent me a video of Jenny, from MSQC. After watching it, I was excited to try it. So off to the fabric store I went. I purchased my first sewing machine. My last one was my mothers. About 4 months later came my second sewing machine. Along with my first longarm. It was a Q'nique by the Grace company. While I was building a quilt for my granddaughter for graduation. I got to try a Bernina 830 embroidery machine. My pocket book really puckered at that point.

Man, I was really hooked. I have had my own art business for over 6 years. I love art of all kinds. Wood carving, bronze sculpting, oil painting. You name it I love to do it. So with the State tax ID, I went to Market!!!! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bree 6-2016.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	142145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Martha 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	142146

My first order of fabric arrived the end of May. By June I had my Bernina Q24 longarm. By November the automation for the Bernina Q24 came. I now have a fully functional fabric store!

My daughter and I build quilts for others. She pieces them together and I quilt them. We are having the time of our lives!!! Thanks Jenny for your inspiration! But more than that. Thank you Shelly for nagging me! Can't wait for this fall. MARKET will be here!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New to the forum

Welcome from Colorado. It looks like you're off to a good start. Happy Quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Quilts !
    Welcome to the forum from Michigan !
    I have sewn for years ( since 1978, when my daughter was born ) and I never wanted to quilt. One day, I was surfing the net, and found Jenny doing a tutorial ....The Garden Flower Quilt, and I was instantly hooked.....which my only daughter, Mysti Dawn, found hilarious, as I had said over and over, I didn't see the big deal with quilting !!! Well, I had to eat my words of course. I love quilting, and really enjoy this forum !

Again, Welcome !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand that. I have had to eat my words several times since starting to quilt again. But I have not regretted picking up this hobby again. Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to know you both!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Wisconsin!! Wow you have the bug bad haha but you are an inspiration to all of us!! Glad you found this Forum and I have a feeling we wil be seeing lots more of your wonderful creations!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from Michigan. Ahhhh, the hook and then the addiction.....it don't get no better! So happy you get to "work" at what you love!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.I wish you and your dd all the best in your business.
    Joan