Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - third week in April

I just wanted to share the idea I tried yesterday. Just wanted to post it here on the WIP thread also.

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=69971
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Judy View Post
    I am working on a "weave" quilt for an expectant mom of the family. Her mom passed before she married, so the family steps in to help with the "MOM" role. My part is making a quilt to match the nursery colors: grey, yellow, white with Your are My Sunshine theme.
    Attachment 142174
    lovely quilt! I love the theme too <3

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    I just wanted to share the idea I tried yesterday. Just wanted to post it here on the WIP thread also.

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=69971
    clever!! I hate the residue that leaves on my glass bowls, but I'm sure it will work great for this purpose!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I got the Dresden Plate doll quilt basted yesterday between work and choir. I hope the quilting goes nice and fast, too. I am going to have to buy some bright yellow solid for the binding. I thought it was in the bag with the border and back ground fabrics, but nada. I vaguely remember rummaging through my fabric a while back for yellows to use in another project, so I think I poached it (oops).

I dreamed about setting the "It was the 80s" blocks last night. I think my subconscious is telling me to get back to working on it LOL.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by threadbndr View Post

I dreamed about setting the "It was the 80s" blocks last night. I think my subconscious is telling me to get back to working on it LOL.
    LOL!! Last night I dreamed that I lived in a posh flat in London ... it was a nice dream

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    LOL!! Last night I dreamed that I lived in a posh flat in London ...
    I like your dream better!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When we went to London I had rented a posh apartment in Bloomsbury for several days, and the entire rental deal was an online transaction which I wasn't completely confident was legit...when we got there we didn't feel worthy of the place...we joked that the owners were going to suddenly come home and throw us out. It had a big fancy kitchen with expensive appliances, a library, a huge bathroom...they had a guest book and I wrote in it "How do you keep from being burgled?"

I've been spending my energy working in the gardens. I planted spinach and am moving some hostas to a new bed. We didn't get any of the rain that was forecast so I need to go out and water everything in tomorrow.

I did a bit more felt food sewing. I'm working on pizza toppings. I also made a second hamburger so they don't have to share! Something I wasn't good at at that age!

I also bought a jute collapsible box for the felt toys. The lid is attached and just flips up. I figured that would make it easier for the two-year-olds (and my cousin) to deal with. It's very light so kids could lift it. When I finish the pizza crust and sauce I will be almost done. The black olives are just black felt circles with a hole punched in them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

today I've made a shirt and two more skirts for my daughter... almost... I need to put finishing hems on all of them, but that's what I'm doing tonight. DH asked if I wanted a movie, but i want to sew ;-) I'm going to cut the fabric for my dress too, then I'll definitely get it sewn up in the next week ;-)