Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Featherweight Retreat

In the past, I recall seeing information about a Featherweight Retreat (or similar). I wasn't interested at the time, but now I own one as do several of my friends.

Does anyone know if this is a yearly event and if there may be one this year?

I'd like to attend the next one.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Featherweight Retreat

I think I've only heard of it once in the past and I believe it was a 1-day meeting. Surely someone else will know more.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know the forum members got together one year for a featherweight day and last year M* did a Featherweight retreat because April and Henry whatever their last name is were there to teach how to maintain your Feather weight. They own a shop and have a Facebook page that I am a member of.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Karen.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shortly after I purchased Bernice Jean (my Featherweight) I was talking with some of the Forum peeps and suggested a Featherweight Play Day. I think we ended up with about 13-15 people attend. One drove from Texas. Ron (Jenny's husband) Doan attended and stitched on his Featherweight. Al was in and out and a number of the great people who make M* work popped in and out.

If you are interested, you just need to coordinate with the Retreat Center (they allowed us to use the sewing center at no charge) and we had a great day. I think we gathered at 9am or 10am and who ever showed up was welcome. One lady brought her vintage Signer that wasn't a Featherweight. It was a fun day.

Bernice Kelly's (stitching woman) husband Bob Kelly attended and Bob is a fantastic machine technician. And he checked peoples machines over and serviced them if they needed it. Sandy and Al Navas, Snippet, and others I'm not thinking of right now attended.

If you are interested let me know and we can see if we can set a day up in the next couple of months.
    Bob

(If all the pieces fit perfectly, people will think it was made by a machine!) LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It was a fun day and I learned a lot. I even gave my old Pfaff, Antonio, to my daughter. I use my featherweight, Taylor, all the time now.

If there is another featherweight day, I might just join y'all again!