Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello?

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello?

Hello from Loveland, Ohio. I'm pretty new to quilting and this site, but I have to say that posting on here is waaaay more confusing than anything I've faced in quilting so far! (That is somewhat comforting...in a very strange way.) I'm not sure where this post will even end up! But, hey, I'm here!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello?

Hi dpa, welcome from the Central Coast of California! Glad you found us; pull up a chair and tell us about yourself and your quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi dpa!

I thought it was hard to find my way around here at first but everyone was so helpful and answered all of my questions. Now I feel like I'm part of the neighborhood! This is a great community of quilters and you are VERY welcome here!

So here's a big HELLO from New Hampshire and welcome to the forum!

Cyndi

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the fast reply! Now I know it really did post. I finished my first quilt in December. Years ago I had a friend who taught me hand quilting, but with children and a job I didn't peruse it fully. I retired three years ago and this past summer I started taking some classes to learn machine piecing and quilting, and wow! I have awakened the beast within! I was so proud to finish my first quilt, even though I see all of the many mistakes (which I am told is normal, and a quilter's curse)! But the mistakes are like gray hairs, symbols of wisdom earned! I learned so much about what not to do. Now I want to listen to the wisdom of those farther along on the journey.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, DPA! Welcome from Utah. This is a great place to come to make friends and learn more about quilting. Do we get to see pictures of your first quilt? I made my first quilt in December as well. It was going to be my only quilt ever. Now I'm working on my second, have signed up for a block swap, have another quilt lined up after this one, and am designing a quilt based on a Mission-Style stained glass window. It's an obsession! And I love it.

Meli
    If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Meli,
    So, I'm curious, why was it going to be your only quilt ever, and what changed your mind? I would love to share a photo of my first quilt but I can't figure out how to download it! The photo is on my iPad so I did try copy and paste. No luck. I am generally very traditional in my tastes but no so much with quilts. I found the beauty of combining a traditional rail fence pattern with more contemporary batiks in lime and turquoise. Such an unexpected surprise for my traditional style. I also have a new one going and about four more in my head just waiting to get started. my new one is more traditional variation of a log cabin using Ruby by Bonnie and Camille for Moda. You are already designing one? Wow. Thx for the encouragement.
    Doris

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Iowa! Happy to meet you! This is a great forum and everyone here is so friendly!
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from California. I loved your comment "mistakes are like grey hairs". I must have a LOT of wisdom. : )
    Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Northeast Mississippi!!!! You're gona love it here!!!!! This is the absolute bestest bunch of quilty ladies and some men that you could ever ask for, they'll make you laugh and then you can cry with them at times too. They will cheer you on and help you become so much more than you ever thought you had in you!!! I came on over a year ago now, wanted someone to finish a quilt for me, I've ended up finishing it myself, making 6 more and there are more in the works here. I tend to lurk in the shadows and just read the forum, look at the pictures and drool a lot, but if your up to it and want I'm sure they can show you how to load your pictures and anything else you want to learn. If they don't hav it here, there is always Jenny's tutorials!!! If it ain't in either of those places it just plain don't exost!!! Welcome to the best place in town. Get comfy and drag out your material!!!!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Hello from California. I loved your comment "mistakes are like grey hairs". I must have a LOT of wisdom. : )
    The lady teaching my first class said to resist the urge to point out my mistakes when I show off my quilt. I guess between her advice and my hairdresser all my secrets are safe!