Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's a Thursday kind of day

What a beautiful sunny start to the day here this morning. We are supposed to get SNOW tomorrow and I am not liking that at all. I have to work!! And then get my hair cut after work. There is a little traveling in there and I don't like to drive when the roads are bad. I shall pray hard that we don't get what they are calling for.

I didn't do much yesterday except go for groceries. I picked up flea medication for my daughter-in-laws animals but I got the wrong stuff. And it cost me $191. So today I will return what I got and get the right stuff. I have a few other errands I need to run as well. I was too tired to even work on the quilt.

I am not sure if I will get into the sewing room today or not.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks songbird857 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a Thursday kind of day

Morning all
    We might be looking at some sleet tomorrow Monique - but Spring Will Come!!
    Today is the push to finish my project for Martelli. It's applique', everything is ironed down - today I will blanket stitch everything, then sandwich, quilt, and bind and get it out the door tomorrow... it's not very large, so it's doable.
    That is really all on my agenda today!
    Have a great day all

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Sunny day starting today here also. Should see 50's today. I see daffodils poking through the ground. Hubby said he needs to get the roller out and roll over the lawn. My son and I will be revamping my other flower bed this spring. Finished one Easter runner yesterday, need to work on another, have ideas floating in my head so we shall see what pops out. Monique flea and worm medicine is so expensive. I won't take the girls to the vet for either because its an office call x3 plus meds...can't afford that. I order flea meds from amazon and wormer from pet shed. Pet shed is out of Australia and takes a few weeks to arrive, but can not find this med anywhere else and it works wonders. We take them off both for winter to let the bodies be med free but in spring and summer need to keep up on it. Today is a weird day as hubby had to go out to Long Island for a delivery. You can't make deliverys during the day there and you can only get over the bridge between 2:30 and 5am I believe he said. So he went to bed at 7pm woke at 11pm and headed out. Usually the other driver does this run but so much going they both needed to go. Makes me worry wide loads of building trusses in the dark and through narrow streets. But he has made the delivery and is heading back to base. He should be back around 11 and thats a or 10 hour day. Sure he will be snoozing when I get home at 2.
    Have a great day all!
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    The sun is shining!Maybe spring is finally on the way.

Have to get to the food store today cupboards are looking bare for dinner tonight. Haven't done any large shopping in a couple of weeks been using what's in the pantry and freezer and there's not much variety left. Food shopping is not my fave thing to do.
    Tonight I'm doing a craft night for the girls at Mercy Center should be fun. They are decorating wooden jewelry/trinket boxes and we will be bringing in cookies and ice cream for dessert.
    Today I'm going to go through my bin of Christmas fabrics and pull some out for two more wreaths. I have a quilt retreat coming up after Easter and think I will put that project on my list. I'll do the cutting before I go so I'll be all set to sew. I also want to get my embroidery machine going this week as I got a new CD to make some free standing lace and applique Easter eggs.
    Well off to get my day started, wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,
    Wish we would get some rain,snow or something wet. We are so dry here that the grass crunches when you walk on it. The threat of wild fire is very high.
    I am working on a quilt for a baby. Have the main blocks complete, but snowballing the other block is time consuming.
    Maybe I will get back to it after a little housework, and groceries today.
    Everyone have a great day. Hugs & prayers to those who need them. Safe travels for those driving. Kathy

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We have not seen sun here in Missouri for a number of days. It's raining right now, and looks like it might be ongoing for the day.

Our forum friend Klasien got here Monday evening, and we started on her beautiful quilt Tuesday. We decided the backing she purchased online wasn't the right color, so we shopped for something different. Found a beautiful Stonehenge. Then I put a practice quilt on the frame for her to practice her meandering. She was a quick study! We must have gotten a bad spool of quilting thread because we had a lot of trouble with thread breaks. Put a different spool of the same thread on and it worked perfectly. I think I'm going return that spool and get a replacement. But she got her quilt finished yesterday and it is just gorgeous! I will have her post it for you to see.

Today is binding day, then we will be free to play!

Have a great day!

12. Thanks Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone....We had bad storms throughout the night with strong winds, hail and lots of lightning and thunder. I was so tired I think I slept through some of it, but Jeff was up pretty much all night, as were the Girls.

This morning I have a haircut..yay! Our neighbor is back home from his surgery and his wife went back to work today, so I will check on him and take him the mail. He is already trying to do too much.

I have the wine bottle quilt almost done. The ends need bias binding but the long edges are straight. We bought our friends a bottle of good wine and I will wrap the runner around it and tie it up with a ribbon and call it done.

April, too bad you can't just walk into the vet's office and buy what you need for your pets. You buy those items online without seeing a vet. When we first got Dot & Olive they had to have a heart worm test but since then I buy whatever I need just by walking in the door. Missouri has ticks even in the winter, so the Girls are on meds every month.

Wishing everyone an excellent day. Monique, get a good haircut and be careful on the road.

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you lucky girls,getting spring hair cuts! I'll just continue to was mine up in a bun!
    Yesterday was stressful. DH seems upset that he made me a room. He's trying to finish off the other half of the garage upstairs for his workshop and grumbles there isn't enough room. He yelled at me most so day. I cut scraps as I put fabric way. All day. But today it's back to the restaurant for 4 days of cooking. My dishwasher quit and so I'll have to find and train another.
    Oh no I'm whining!
    It's beautiful and sunny out. I'll go pick some tulips for the restaurant and d it will be so springy

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

It's a beautiful spring day in GA. We've had rain so some of the pollen has been washed out of the air and it's a little easier to breathe.

Unfortunately, DH has come down with a bad case of diverticulitis, so he is home in bed resting. My job today will be to keep him there. He rarely goes to the doctor or takes time off from work so I know he's feeling poorly. I had planned oysters for dinner, but he isn't supposed to eat that now, so I need to go to plan B as soon as I figure out what that will be. He was given a lot of food restrictions at the doctor's yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Cindy

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! - Cloudy right now. It was down to 36 with frost this a.m. We're supposed to have a nice day today, with rain & possibly snow tonight into tomorrow. I need to run to Wal-Mart for Rx's & run a couple errands.

We're having a problem with our ceiling fluorescent light fixture in the bathroom. Last night it went very dim & started flickering. DH replaced the tubes this a.m., but it didn't fix the problem. Guessing it might need a new ballast or some other fix that is beyond his capabilities now that he is so weak & has so many health problems. I've done some searching on line for an electrician. Just one more frustration to deal with. I'll do some calling to see who might be available & not charge us an arm & a leg to do the repairs. One business I saw offers a 10% discount to seniors & retired military. It had good reviews. Our house is 45 y.o., so it's bound to develop a problem here & there. DH installed all these ceiling lights after we bought the house in 1978.

I got a much needed massage yest. She also did some localized work & acupuncture on my L. ribs which still are sore from my car accident.

Well, I need to fix my breakfast & get ready to head out to W-M. Have a good Thursday.

20. Thanks Monique thanked for this post